Iceberg....moose...what do they have in common?

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Vienna Pics, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    A moose is like an iceberg – you see 10% - 90% is under the water….

[​IMG]

Here comes the 100% coming right at you…. (no crop)

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Holey smokes:>))))

Great shots

3. I thought you said you didn't get that close! These are pretty cool!

4. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thanks Gale!

Thanks Jim - well, I said I didn't get close enough to smell them.....I did have to back up quickly once or twice....

5. Mark, You managed a lot of great moose shots up there was it your first time in the area? The lighting on some of you recent posts were terrific which can be difficult since access to the ponds and bogs is usually limited. I can't show my wife these or she will want to go right back up again, she's become a moose fanatic.

6. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thank you for your kind words. It was our first time to Baxter State Park area. We have vacationed in Camden for many years, so Maine is not new but Moose are. We went to Conway NH last summer hoping to see Moose but none to be found. We are going back to Conway in a couple of weeks and hope to get up to 'Moose alley'. We went to Baxter in June to get some calf shots but they were hard to find. I plan to go back up in October to get the full rack shots - in June they are just coming out. Shooting Elk in Pennsylvania with Jim Strathearn last fall really gave me the bug to capture some 'big' animals. Some of the elk are pushing the size of moose but they are different animals.

7. Wow Mark - these are beautiful. I'd be pretty nervous being that up close and personal with one of these beasts!

Great shots!

8. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Stephanie, nervous is close but it is mixed in with exhilaration, and a natural rush of adrenaline.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.