Icecream kicking?

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by caero, Sep 4, 2005.

1. caero

caero Guest

Yes, this is an official sport. Today was the date of the world championships in icecream kicking. Here are some pictures I took.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the Junior winner was:
    [​IMG]
    Batman(boy)

And the senior winner was:
    [​IMG]
    Magnus Karlsson from Sweden!

2. Is there a PRO division? :smile: Can anyone earn a living doing this? :biggrin:

3. do what??????????????????///
    i am going to believe my mind made this up. I enjoyed the pictures, the subject matter is out of bounds as far as my ability to comprehend tho.

4. As an Ice Cream lover this is almost sacrilegious. :eek: Shame on the organizers. Now an ice cream eating contest that would be something else. :tongue: Fun images and looks like a fun event. Pictures are great.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is a riot. Toooo funny.

Great pics and story.

6. Great series. But I'm an ice-cream lover. If I were there, I would secretly replace the ice-cream with bricks :Devil:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2005
  7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    They definately do things different in Denmark I guess. Ice cream kicking??? Well, I will admit that you captured the competition well.

8. caero

caero Guest

I has to be said that you were allowed to eat as much of the 1 liter of vanilla icecream you had to kick before kicking. But most people only took a bite or two to supposedly increase the aerodynamics of the squared ice.

And every participant as well as all the spectators were invited down to the big icecream truck after the event for free icecream, so there was something for the icecream lovers as well lol