Iceland - The Photographer

Found this one that I never worked from my trip there 5 years ago.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The photographer makes this photo IMO...provides a great sense of scale.

Unfortunately, when our tour visited this waterfall, the title of my photo would have been "Iceland - The Photographers". That's because it seemed like there were at least 100 photographers standing there at the time.

We had about 20 minutes to shoot, so I captured about 20 images from the same position (camera mounted on a tripod)...and then spent quite some time blending them in such a way to eliminate the people from the frame. I probably should have left one there!

Glenn

The photographer makes this photo IMO...provides a great sense of scale.

Unfortunately, when our tour visited this waterfall, the title of my photo would have been "Iceland - The Photographers". That's because it seemed like there were at least 100 photographers standing there at the time.

We had about 20 minutes to shoot, so I captured about 20 images from the same position (camera mounted on a tripod)...and then spent quite some time blending them in such a way to eliminate the people from the frame. I probably should have left one there!

Glenn
Thanks, Glenn. We were there on a dreary, snowy day. My group of 8 were the only people at the falls. I've seen the photos of this place on crowded days. Quite a difference!

Well done, Mitch. We visited that waterfall on a nice day in June, 2017, and it was mobbed. I took very few pictures because I couldn't figure out how to get a decent shot with all the people (I don't have Glenn's Photoshop skills or patience).

We visited that waterfall on a nice day in June, 2017, and it was mobbed.
My wife and I were there in September 2012. A small busload with no more than about 15 people was there. They left soon after we arrived and we had the place to ourselves. It was a beautiful fall day without a cloud in the sky and the waterfall was enhanced by a drop dead gorgeous rainbow.

Super shot Mitch and a great title for it. We were there in March, seven years ago, and that fall looked just the same as you show here, so pretty chilly. Even so, like Glenn's visit, there was a fair old mob there at the time, including 30-40 from our bus. I would still like to go back and at the same sort of time - cold.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom