iChat compatability with PC?????

One thing that I really love about my new MBP (macBook Pro) is the ability to video chat with my son who is away at college, he has a MacBook. I decided to make it a total family affair...just got back from Best Buy after purchasing two Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000. One each for my wife's PC and another for my other son's PC laptop. He installed them both and we set out to test them. I was able for a short time, to make a connection to my wife's PC (AIM) from my MBP (iChat) then the whole thing came crashing down. Both PC's froze up and we all lost Wireless) internet connection. I had to remove the software from both PCs and restart the cable modem and wireless router. Now we all have internet service but the LifeCams are being re-packaged to take back tomorrow.

Question: Is there a webcam or software that will allow iChat to work with AIM???

Sorry for the non-answer, but give Skype a try if you don't get it working. Works much better for video.

David

I can send text only to a Windows machine running AIM, but have not been able to send 1-way video to an AIM Windows machine without a camera.

Yet, my mac works flawlessly with other macs running AIM or .mac

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom