iChat compatability with PC?????

One thing that I really love about my new MBP (macBook Pro) is the ability to video chat with my son who is away at college, he has a MacBook. I decided to make it a total family affair...just got back from Best Buy after purchasing two Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000. One each for my wife's PC and another for my other son's PC laptop. He installed them both and we set out to test them. I was able for a short time, to make a connection to my wife's PC (AIM) from my MBP (iChat) then the whole thing came crashing down. Both PC's froze up and we all lost Wireless) internet connection. I had to remove the software from both PCs and restart the cable modem and wireless router. Now we all have internet service but the LifeCams are being re-packaged to take back tomorrow.

Question: Is there a webcam or software that will allow iChat to work with AIM???

Sorry for the non-answer, but give Skype a try if you don't get it working. Works much better for video.

David

I can send text only to a Windows machine running AIM, but have not been able to send 1-way video to an AIM Windows machine without a camera.

Yet, my mac works flawlessly with other macs running AIM or .mac

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom