Ichiro in "The D"

Hey,

Here are a few of that FREAK known as Ichiro, the man can flat out play.

1 - Taking the field
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2 - The sliding catch

3 - The unique swing

4 - Sliding into home

5 - Swinging for the fences

6 - Digging for first

7 - still digging

8 - out by half a step

9 - Leading the congrats line after sweeping the Tigers

Steve great shots of a great ball player! Is he not the modern day "Charlie Hustle?

Kids today should model their play by emulating him I think.

And to think that MLB thought he wouldn't make it in the big leagues and almost didn't even bring him over....

Nice shots, Steve...as usual. :)

Thanks gang, he plays the game very well and hard all the time, he's a pleasure to watch. I called him "a freak" and made others laugh, and I meant that in a very positive way, he's been playing for a long time and still does everything well.

Ichiro is definitely a freak, and I mean it in a good way. Amazing speed even as he's aging.

He's a total recluse around here. He'd be a much larger star if he played in a bigger market and stuck his head out more.

Nice series.

Would like to have seen him play his entire career in MLB as I think he would own the hit record and many more. Dude can put a bat on a ball and the ball where he wants it like no other. Then there is his defense....and of course his arm. Look at all the other big arms in the history of MLB....all bigger guys(Clemente, Parker, etc..)...Ichiro just a skinny dude but has an absolute rifle.

Read one time where he could be a power hitter if he chooses and hit more homers. I believe it.

Gotta love him!

I like to watch him out in right field between pitches. He is stetching and preparing the entire time...it's like he is doing yoga out there.

Curious as to the reasoning to keeping #8. Without the framing done correctly without 1st base and the setting shown good, this just doesn't work for me, and is a deletion IMO.

Curious as to the reasoning to keeping #8. Without the framing done correctly without 1st base and the setting shown good, this just doesn't work for me, and is a deletion IMO.
Its meant as a continuation good gallery shot, showing the speed of Ichiro with a distance behind him. Without the bag in play there is still tension of "where is he", "will he make it", so having that shot as is allows it to be used with several different crop options available to the PE.

Latest posts