icon size when uploading.

Is there any way to adjust the icon size when uploading? There are limited options in the box itself and I find the icons
a little small to see what's going on sometimes.
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 8.26.10 AM.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Andy
Easy:
1. In Finder, click on the "..." in a circle:
Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 2.49.21 PM.png

2. From the dropdown that appears, click "Show View Options"

3. The icon size adjuster is here:
Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 2.49.39 PM.png

Nope, not easy when that option doesn't show when uploading. I have set the icon size to the maximum in Finder, they still show very small in the upload window.
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 9.05.43 AM.png

Real Name
Andy
Right you are. I failed to notice you were trying to make the icons bigger when Safari opens a window for uploading. You could right click on images one-by-one for a "Quick Look" which would give you the ability to resize the image as much as you want or open a window with icon size control using "Show in Finder." Neither solution is perfect, I realize.
Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 3.36.26 PM.png

Right you are. I failed to notice you were trying to make the icons bigger when Safari opens a window for uploading. You could right click on images one-by-one for a "Quick Look" which would give you the ability to resize the image as much as you want or open a window with icon size control using "Show in Finder." Neither solution is perfect, I realize.
View attachment 1677307
Thanks - I wish they could just "make it easy" for us :)
I remember the days when we could increase icon size in Finder simply by expanding with two fingers.

Click on the item in column view and it'll show on the right. You can expand the Upload file window as well and it'll make the preview image larger.

sounds like you may benefit from a different folder workflow or naming convention to help isolate the specific images you're looking for vs. scrolling through 200. For example, when I helped with wedding photography, I always broke out an event by groom getting ready, bride getting ready, entrance, etc.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Surely there is an easy way to do this.

On a PC, I can open a folder of hundreds of images and view them by details. I then select to view by the column "type" - selecting only jpg's. Then I can change the view to small, med or large icons and pick the image(s) I want to upload.

Can't this be done on a Mac?

Surely there is an easy way to do this.

On a PC, I can open a folder of hundreds of images and view them by details. I then select to view by the column "type" - selecting only jpg's. Then I can change the view to small, med or large icons and pick the image(s) I want to upload.

Can't this be done on a Mac?
Yes it can be done on a Mac, with one exception——Large is not large enough!

sounds like you may benefit from a different folder workflow or naming convention to help isolate the specific images you're looking for vs. scrolling through 200. For example, when I helped with wedding photography, I always broke out an event by groom getting ready, bride getting ready, entrance, etc.
That's how I do it too - which would still leave me with a few hundred images per folder :)

Then it sounds like quick view is your oniy alternative. Build it into your work flow instead of the other way around and be on you way. :D

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom