ID Please

I found this critter in my backyard. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking!

I collected butterflies and moths as a kid. My Dad was a submariner, and he would bring me specimens from places he visited. My interest in them continues, but now I only photograph them. But I recognize most families of them still, and have traveled widely around north America, as well as 30 other countries. Skippers are an interesting group, with some moth-like antenna, rather than the slim, bulbous end of antenna on must butterflies. They are classed as butterflies, but they are a unique group.

I collected butterflies and moths as a kid. My Dad was a submariner, and he would bring me specimens from places he visited. My interest in them continues, but now I only photograph them. But I recognize most families of them still, and have traveled widely around north America, as well as 30 other countries. Skippers are an interesting group, with some moth-like antenna, rather than the slim, bulbous end of antenna on must butterflies. They are classed as butterflies, but they are a unique group.
You have a very interesting history, Steve! I’m fairly new to all of this! We get a lot of monk skippers around here, but this one was new to me. Thanks so much for sharing your good info!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom