Idaho Falls in Autumn

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Terri French, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    We have a very short autumn here. Snow will probably by flying soon. I had the chance to drive around town a bit this morning and capture a couple of shots of the autumn colors.

A farm about 5 minutes away from my house

A drive down one of the older streets in town

View attachment 17015

The Idaho Falls LDS Temple

View attachment 17016

View attachment 17017

2. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Beautiful colours. I especially love the first shot.

3. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Beautiful colours Terri. Took me back a few years when 'Fang' :smile: and I spent a couple of days at the Hotel just where your shots were taken.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful Terri,

5. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Terri,

Beautiful Fall Colors ! And very nicely recorded by you as always.

Regards

RFC

6. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Interesting that someone from so far away would visit Idaho Falls. Were you on your way to Yellowstone or Teton Parks?

You have a good memory. I was standing right across the street from the hotel on the river bank when I took the photo showing the falls!!!

7. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks Torben,
    I have to enjoy the colors because they will only last a few days. Sure wish spring and fall could each linger a little longer. Our winters are way to long and dreary here.

8. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Robert,
    Thank you. By the way, not sure if I commented here, but your night panoramas are just wonderful. I have you as one of my favorites in pbase and I check every day for new photos by my favorites. I know I saw them there and they were just fabulous.

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beautiful series of images, Terri. The colors are so brilliant and the images are composed so well. Please keep them coming.

10. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    It was a brilliant morning today. My boss called and said that he didn't have any work for me and I could take the day off!! So, I grabbed the camera and went for a drive about town.

11. Very beautiful landscape shots, Terri. Nice vibrant color, and great composition as well.

12. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Terri,
    A great series but I'm going to be different. I love the 2nd shot. Although it's an everyday shot, to me it really evokes the good feeling I would experience if I were witnessing the scene myself. The composition adds to the feeling of being there and nothing in the image detracts from it. Well done.

Mike

13. Very nice Terri. We enjoyed seeing your part of the world a few weeks ago. I see why you like it so much. Such beauty. The Tetons were just magnificant and the leaves turned while we were there which was great. We even had snow out last two days in Yellowstone.

14. Love 2 and 3

2 and 3 are my favorites.

#2 has a warm and inviting feel to it. It says to me I'm driving home on a beautiful day.

#3 I love the white building in the background with the waterfall in the foreground. Great shots all around.

Everything is still pretty green here in Ohio, THings are starting to turn. Maybe I'll get out soon to snap some fall colors too.

15. Nice.....really like #1 :smile:

16. Terri
    I always look forward to you landscapes this one doesn't dissapoint me, very beautiful love the deep rich colors

17. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Doug isn't so different...I loved the second shot the best as well (although they were all terrific as usual)....

Keep the lovely pics coming Terri!

18. Wow beautiful shot, great compositions.

19. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I'm very grateful

So many of you took the time to look at my photos. It was a fun day to get out and shoot and it was fun sharing my experience here!!