"Idaho Side of the Tetons"

The Tetons are totally within the state of Wyoming. But, the western side is very near the Idaho border. The only roads that get into that area come from Idaho and are mainly just dirt roads once you get to Wyoming. Around here we call it the Idaho side of the Tetons. We like to camp there. We just spent a couple of days in a favorite spot. The weather was clear and hot, not great light for photography. But, many of you seem to enjoy the posts about my adventures so I will share a few even though they are nothing all that great.

We camped with my daughter, Amber, and her family. Our main activity was hiking up Darby Canyon. It was a pretty strenuous hike for Greg and I so I spent most of my energy trying to keep up with the kids, not taking photos.

#1 Our campsite.
_DSC9799.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 The trailhead
DSC_7160-Edit.jpg

#3 Our lunch stop. A pretty location close to a small waterfall.
DSC_7126.jpg

#4 Exploring the waterfall
DSC_7146.jpg

#5 The kids enjoying the view. This is quite a steep hike with 1200 foot elevation gain in 1.5 miles.
DSC_7117.jpg

#6 More enjoying the view
DSC_7112.jpg

#7 At 8300 ft. elevation, we found snow.
DSC_7149.jpg

#8 Amber's phone photo of us with the kids.
93A0A7AC-903C-409C-95B3-9A806198FB9A.jpeg

#9 The creek we were camped next to. This was my best photo of the trip, although I should have used a tripod. I was out for a morning walk and didn't have the tripod with me.

_DSC9794-Edit-2.jpg

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Looks like a great place to camp and hike. Nice to have youngsters to keep you active! I see a Reflection 5th wheel. We have a Solitude. Love it!

Real Name
Dan
Nice set, Terri. Looks like beautiful country. Good job keeping up with the kids. Might not be as fast but I'll bet you can out last them. I agree with others that last shot is magical.

Real Name
Jeff Holdgate
The Tetons are totally within the state of Wyoming. But, the western side is very near the Idaho border. The only roads that get into that area come from Idaho and are mainly just dirt roads once you get to Wyoming. Around here we call it the Idaho side of the Tetons. We like to camp there. We just spent a couple of days in a favorite spot. The weather was clear and hot, not great light for photography. But, many of you seem to enjoy the posts about my adventures so I will share a few even though they are nothing all that great.

We camped with my daughter, Amber, and her family. Our main activity was hiking up Darby Canyon. It was a pretty strenuous hike for Greg and I so I spent most of my energy trying to keep up with the kids, not taking photos.

#1 Our campsite.
View attachment 1685379

#2 The trailhead
View attachment 1685371

#3 Our lunch stop. A pretty location close to a small waterfall.
View attachment 1685375

#4 Exploring the waterfall
View attachment 1685374

#5 The kids enjoying the view. This is quite a steep hike with 1200 foot elevation gain in 1.5 miles.
View attachment 1685376

#6 More enjoying the view
View attachment 1685377

#7 At 8300 ft. elevation, we found snow.
View attachment 1685373

#8 Amber's phone photo of us with the kids. View attachment 1685380

#9 The creek we were camped next to. This was my best photo of the trip, although I should have used a tripod. I was out for a morning walk and didn't have the tripod with me.

View attachment 1685378
Last image is great. I'm envious, I'd love to go there.

Real Name
Heiko
I'm sweating here and you got still snow. Love the photos - I really need to visit the Tetons.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom