Idaho Sunset

D

Debbi

Imagine sitting next to a lake in Idaho with mountains in the background waiting for the sunset and it's 70 something outside and a cool breeze. The clouds were starting to build and I was hoping for color. This is what I was treated with. There has been nothing done to this pic other than converting from RAW, resizing and converting the profile. It was just glorious!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Great shot Debbi! You captured the full intensity of a glorious evening and got the exposure and the timing just right! Just about when you were doing this I was in the middle of a SE Washington wheat field taking picture of wind turbines at sunset and against a full moon!

Your shot is better!!

And go easy with those adjectives ". .Imagine sitting next to a lake in Idaho with mountains in the background waiting for the sunset and it's 70 something outside and a cool breeze. . . It was just glorious. . ."
we want to keep everybody thinking that its nothing but spud fields and burnt over forests up here! Glad your trip went well--I saw your Glacier pics too :smile::biggrin:

D

Debbi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, Nick! It's hard to not include the adjectives when I came back to the face of the sun. This was definitely God's country! Even knowing how hard the winters must be, I could soooo live there! I tried coming up with a time to contact you to meet up and just never did. I plan on reposting my Glacier pics. After seeing them on a calibrated monitor, I defininitely need to rework them! Thank you again!

Debbi

Thanks, Nick! It's hard to not include the adjectives when I came back to the face of the sun. This was definitely God's country! Even knowing how hard the winters must be, I could soooo live there! I tried coming up with a time to contact you to meet up and just never did. I plan on reposting my Glacier pics. After seeing them on a calibrated monitor, I defininitely need to rework them! Thank you again!

Debbi
Winters are survivable and great for photography! Besides there is this pesky little thing called climate change . . . . . .:eek:/:biggrin: depends how one looks at it! :redface:

You were on vacation-your time was your time, so don't worry about not meeting up. There will be others opportunities!

D

Debbi

Thanks, Nick! You are very kind.

D

Debbi

Lucky you, Tim. I can't wait to go back.

D

Debbi

Thanks much, Kristin, RFC and Gene'O!

WOW! That is so stunning. I don't know if I would have been able to take the shot. I would have been too busy looking. It's like a present from God "saying thank you for waiting around". WOW!

D

Debbi

Thank you, Sal and 'Panama'!

Alan, it wasn't too difficult. I had my camera on the tripod with the cable release sitting on the deck of the lake with drink in hand. I just kept pushing the button when I saw the light changing. I didn't miss a minute of it.

Thank you all for the kind words.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom