Idaho Sunset

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Debbi, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Debbi

Debbi Guest

Imagine sitting next to a lake in Idaho with mountains in the background waiting for the sunset and it's 70 something outside and a cool breeze. The clouds were starting to build and I was hoping for color. This is what I was treated with. There has been nothing done to this pic other than converting from RAW, resizing and converting the profile. It was just glorious!

original.

2. Great shot Debbi! You captured the full intensity of a glorious evening and got the exposure and the timing just right! Just about when you were doing this I was in the middle of a SE Washington wheat field taking picture of wind turbines at sunset and against a full moon!

Your shot is better!!

And go easy with those adjectives ". .Imagine sitting next to a lake in Idaho with mountains in the background waiting for the sunset and it's 70 something outside and a cool breeze. . . It was just glorious. . ."
    we want to keep everybody thinking that its nothing but spud fields and burnt over forests up here! Glad your trip went well--I saw your Glacier pics too :smile::biggrin:

3. Debbi

Debbi Guest

Thanks, Nick! It's hard to not include the adjectives when I came back to the face of the sun. This was definitely God's country! Even knowing how hard the winters must be, I could soooo live there! I tried coming up with a time to contact you to meet up and just never did. I plan on reposting my Glacier pics. After seeing them on a calibrated monitor, I defininitely need to rework them! Thank you again!

Debbi

4. Winters are survivable and great for photography! Besides there is this pesky little thing called climate change . . . . . .:eek: /:biggrin: depends how one looks at it! :redface:

You were on vacation-your time was your time, so don't worry about not meeting up. There will be others opportunities!

5. Debbi

Debbi Guest

Thanks, Nick! You are very kind.

6. Truly beautiful. I spent six years up there and try to get back every year. Thanks for reminding me why!:smile:

7. Debbi

Debbi Guest

Lucky you, Tim. I can't wait to go back.

8. debbi,
    that is beautiful

thanks for sharing this wonderful capture with us

9. Debbi

Debbi Guest

Thank you, Greg!

10. beautiful!

Kristin

11. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Love the starbust of the sun rays ! Congrats !

12. GENE'O

GENE'O

Oct 12, 2007
    southwest Idaho
    We get some great sun set up here and yours is great. Gene'o

13. Debbi

Debbi Guest

Thanks much, Kristin, RFC and Gene'O!

14. That's a BEAUTY shot there, Debbi:wink:

15. Idaho...I never thought of it so calm and peaceful as you have captured.

16. Alan

Alan

May 9, 2008
    Georgia
    WOW! That is so stunning. I don't know if I would have been able to take the shot. I would have been too busy looking. It's like a present from God "saying thank you for waiting around". WOW!

17. Debbi

Debbi Guest

Thank you, Sal and 'Panama'!

Alan, it wasn't too difficult. I had my camera on the tripod with the cable release sitting on the deck of the lake with drink in hand. I just kept pushing the button when I saw the light changing. I didn't miss a minute of it.

Thank you all for the kind words.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.