Idaho

I'm in between Terri and Rick (much closer to Rick) and have lived here for some 40+ years and have worked and played all over the state. I'll add my 2 cents and pictures when I get back home in a day or 2. Always room here for more photographers!
As promised, almost 2 years ago, my 2 cents, with interest!

1 Fall on the Palouse, south of Moscow.
DSC_0463.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2 Grain elevator at dusk (fullmoon and smoke from distant fires provide color)
MOON12_DxO.jpg

3 Last rays on the prairie.
SkylineB20_DxO.jpg

4. Eastern Palouse, grasses and wheat give way to pines.
South_0088_DxO_openWith.jpg

5. Verdant Palouse
Step1480_DxO.jpg

A few more to attract/repel the right/wrong people!! :D

1 A good northern winter.
SNOW18.jpg

2 Hiking in the Sawtooths (central Idaho)

_DSC0001_001.jpg

3. After the peas and lentil harvest.
_DSC0010.jpg

4 Fall sunset.
Fall037.jpg

5. Much of the NW, certainly the inland NW, is now a 5 season region. The smoke season now reliably overlaps late summer and early fall. UGH! The Palouse is in the driest spring on record, and the lack of rain is being compounded by way above average winds that dry the young crops, and frosts that zap emerging shoots.
Smoke011.jpg

Idaho looks like a really beautiful state and I can see why you guys who live there love it! :). For me the cold, snowy winters would be a bit off-putting but, oh, the rest of the year would be wonderful for exploring the vast and extraordinary natural wonders which abound there! A photographer's paradise......and a Mecca for all who enjoy the many outdoor activities available there!

couple of Idaho photos, Bruneau sand dunes located a little southeast of Boise and City of Rocks, just a bit north of the Utah border in south eastern Idaho. I like both these areas. We’ve lived in Sandpoint for 22 years, had a place at Priest Lake 10 years prior to relocating to Sandpoint I’d use for sabbaticals. I wanted a place without internet or cell service and Priest Lake had neither until the late 1990’s. We like Idaho, haven’t found anywhere better yet. It’s got it’s share of oddities, but overall the good greatly outweighs the bad.

D95A7ADA-D5EF-4E9F-BAAE-1BB5FDB2C76C.jpeg
B4467AC2-9E40-4D5B-8261-364E0FAEB55E.jpeg

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
couple of Idaho photos, Bruneau sand dunes located a little southeast of Boise and City of Rocks, just a bit north of the Utah border in south eastern Idaho. I like both these areas. We’ve lived in Sandpoint for 22 years, had a place at Priest Lake 10 years prior to relocating to Sandpoint I’d use for sabbaticals. I wanted a place without internet or cell service and Priest Lake had neither until the late 1990’s. We like Idaho, haven’t found anywhere better yet. It’s got it’s share of oddities, but overall the good greatly outweighs the bad.

View attachment 1683742 View attachment 1683743
Rick, #1 is stunning, my favorite.

About cellphone - I still have none.
Cellphones reminds me of the old tamagochi - you have to feed them, you have to pet them and sometimes they make s##t.

Kind regards
Klaus

As promised, almost 2 years ago, my 2 cents, with interest!

1 Fall on the Palouse, south of Moscow.
View attachment 1683699
2 Grain elevator at dusk (fullmoon and smoke from distant fires provide color)
View attachment 1683700

3 Last rays on the prairie.
View attachment 1683701

4. Eastern Palouse, grasses and wheat give way to pines.
View attachment 1683702

5. Verdant Palouse
View attachment 1683703
Geez, Nick! These - and the ones in your 2nd set - are Board of Tourism worthy. Beautiful and evocative - well done.

View attachment 1683742 View attachment 1683743
Superb, Rick. You, Terri, and Nick paint excellent views of your state.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom