IDAHO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F15Todd, Feb 21, 2005.

1. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Well during the last 14 years I have spent half of that time living outside my home country (USA). And after spending four fun years in the United Kingdom it's coming time for my family and I to return to the USA.

As much as I was hoping to end up back in Flordia or get moved to Arizona, it seems the moving Gods have decided that I should go to IDAHO.

I have to say that Idaho is one place I never thought I would be living, but it's looking more and more like that is where we will be going in June. I know there will be tons of wonderful things to shoot, but still it's Idaho. :(

(no offense to any lovers of, or residents of the great state of Idaho)

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Ah taters!

Seriously, I hope it ends up being a good move for you. If you don't mind me asking what business are you in?

3. I will assure you there are a lot worse places that you could be. Idaho is a beautiful state and is just a hop skip and jump to Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson Hole, Snake River rafting, etc. Beautiful canyons, ice caves, lava landscapes and so on. Have fun.

4. I have to concur with Gordon.......

Lots to photograph, lots to do with the family, great outdoors, especially the fishing. Seattle only a short jaunt away and still warmer than me directly above you. LOL..............

5. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    I think you're going to be surprised. I've worked in 47 out of 50 states, all ten provinces of Canada, the U.K., and projects smattered around the globe. And I'll tell you...

There are a _lot_ of neat places in Idaho.

Plus, as Gordon noted, you're in prime position to get to some of the other nearby states' best natural beauty spots. Serious, major places that people come from all over the US, heck, all over the world to visit. And they'll be in your "backyard".

Where in Idaho does it look like you'll be heading ?

John P.

6. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Thanks for your kind words about Idaho. I'm sure we will enjoy it, there does seem to be a ton of outdoor stuff to do. Not the number of golf courses I was hoping for, but one day I will make it back to my white sand beaches of Florida. I will be living around Mountain Home, it's 45 miles from Boise.

7. Idaho? You sure that's in the usa? :lol:

Who'd you piss off for that. (oops did I say that). I am sure there will be plenty of photo opportunities in Idaho. Taters, flat land, taters, well you know. :p :p

Good luck in the now locale.

8. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Well, I've worked in Boise on several projects. It's a middling sized western city with many amenities. There's a substantial university, several high-tech companies, and it's the state capitol (nice capitol building).

There's also a fair number of golf courses in the area.

John P.

9. Spoken like a man who has never been to Idaho Harris :p :D

10. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    I think we need to bring a few of these folks into the back-country in the Four Corners area, Gordon. Maybe twenty miles hike away from the road (and water)...

... then we'll see what they have to say... :twisted:

John P.

11. If it's Idaho, then one thing to start practicing right now

. . . is how to pronounce the name of the capital city. They're touchy about it there. Heck, I've had relatives of Idaho people jump in my stuff for saying it wrong.

Any how, it's pronounced BOY-SEE, not BOY-ZEE like the rest of the world tries to say it.

So, hope I've done something to promote world peace, or at least interstate peace.

Mike

12. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    Gee, think of all the fanastic landscapes!! Hog's heaven for sure! Like others here, I have lived all over the world. Family motto, its up to you to make it home!!

Did you ever make it to Sulgrave Manor? That is one of our family roots under the names Stotesbury-Leeson.

13. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    pronounced "Throat Wobbler Mangrove" Larry? ;)

Todd, I agree with the pro-Idaho-ites (to coin a word), the location alone means access to some great photographic locations.

Neil

14. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    Lol, Neil. Since I am a native born Santa Cruz pup, I do have to be careful of my diction in these here parts.