1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Idea for D700 accessory

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by azarby, Aug 19, 2008.

1. azarby

azarby

Sep 17, 2006
    Phoenix, Az
    Looking at the D700, the only weak point I see is the water tightness of the interface between the D700 and the MB-D10. I wish someone would come out with a thin gasket that would self stick to the MB-D10 and provide complete water tightness to the electrical contact area. It doesn't need to be very thick, maybe a mm or so that would conpresss a little when attching the MB-d10 and providing a seal between the two units.

Bob

2. bob....
    that continues to be exactly the problem between the D200 and its grip

3. genera

genera

Oct 6, 2005
    California
    On the D300 the 15 pin connector has a rubber seal. The D700 probably has one as well. The other connector has a rubber seal on the MB-D10 side.

4. azarby

azarby

Sep 17, 2006
    Phoenix, Az
    I didn't see the one on the 15 pin connector. Now that you mentioned it, I did take a better look and sure enough, there is one there too. We'll I guess we can scratch that idea. Thanks for the heads up; These old eyes just aren't what they used to be.

Bob

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.