identify bird

Can someone identify this bird please ? Markings look kind of like a bluejay but it wasn't blue.

Thanks.

p488992181-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p418772903-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Your lower bird is a bluejay of course. I assume you're asking about the upper bird. The only suggestion I've got is blue-gray gnatcatcher, which works except for those white underwings. So I'll just float that potential ID out there and wait for someone to blow it out of the water. Now get over to Lens Lust and hang around until you start feeling the need for at least 400mm of glass!

Your lower bird is a bluejay of course. I assume you're asking about the upper bird. The only suggestion I've got is blue-gray gnatcatcher, which works except for those white underwings. So I'll just float that potential ID out there and wait for someone to blow it out of the water. Now get over to Lens Lust and hang around until you start feeling the need for at least 400mm of glass!

Thanks. I actually was asking about the lower bird. Because it looked gray to me, and according to the picture I also see no blue in it.
I guess that's because it was so far away and not exposed properly ??
I never saw a bluejay that wasn't blue, but I agree, the markings and shape look just like a bluejay.

Looks more like a Blue Jay than a Gray Jay.
The second one could also be a Gray Vireo.

If this was shot in Virginia, Gray vireo is out for the upper bird, not to mention it doesn't have the tail pattern that this bird does. Blue-gray Gnatcatcher works for me (mostly).

Larry

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom