Votes: 10 25.6%
  • I am using IE 7

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • I would go back to IE 6 if I could

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • I am happy with IE 7 and have no reason to change

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters
I am wondering who is using Internet Explorer 7 or did you stay with 6?
Do you like it or would you have stayed with 6 if you could have?

I just put IE 7 on my wifes laptop and am not sure it I like it. Seems like they're trying to copy Firefox. What do you think?

I still like Firefox more, but it has more security features over firefox.

J

jaymc

I'm using IE7 and find it better than IE6, especially for security reasons (see under Tools > Pop-Up Blocker, Phishing Filter, Manage Add-ons)

- Jay

You left one out....

What about "Internet Exploder sucks and I only use it for Windows Update 'cause I have to" ?

And "Security"? Maybe better than IE6 but that's not saying a lot.....

Bill

You need a category for "Don't Use IE 7 at all, I use another browser." That's where I fit in, as I am a Mac user and Safari is my browser. This also leaves out the many people who have chosen Firefox instead of any version of IE or Safari......

That said, I HAVE seen and used IE 7 at the library where I work one day a week. I don't use it all that often as most of the time I'm using one of the library's specific database programs, but when I have had to go to the internet and have used IE 7 I have not experienced any particular problems. However, that is a different situation than it would be on one's home computer using IE extensively for web browsing.

Used IE7 on my vista test rig and couldnt stand it. Slowed browsing a bit compared to IE6 due to the phishing filter. Glad I mainly used Firefox on it. Use IE6 on XP rigs (have firefox on them also for website compatibility tests) and firefox on my linux rigs.

I am using Firefox with the IETab add-on, which lets you view a given tab with IE (on the fly), without having to actually start the IE application proper. Very useful when browsing Microsoft's web sites...

I use IE7 at work. It just seems to work better with less screwing around with plugins and 3rd party software. I use Firefox at home just because. There are features that I like and dislike in each. If I hadn't gone through all the time to find what I wanted for Firefox, I wouldn't use it at home. I would use IE7 there as well.

I use both depending on which one does the best job for the task at hand. I'm not married to either and both have their strong and weak points. I like the options of having both.

I use Firefox. A while back when I had notification of IE7 I installed it and gave it a go, but went back to firefox very quickly. I guess, apart from the security issues, its a case of what you`re used to. I bought a new pc 18 months ago which had xp installed, and for quite a while I missed the 98 I had been using!

When I updated my XP machine to IE7, I found a couple of things I didn't like, but with IE7/Vista, they have disappeared. Same with Media Player. I uopgraded to 11 and then went back to 10, but under Vista I have gotten sued to it.

I've been using Firefox exclusively for years and don't even remember that much about IE7. I see that some here use both. Can I ask why? What does IE7 give you that Firefox doesn't?

DAB

I'm another who switched to Firefox years ago.
I like it because it is so configurable (Whew, big word for me!).

Latest threads

Top Bottom