IE7 issue with this site?

Discussion in 'PC/Windows/Linux' started by Bob4lini, May 26, 2007.

1. I'm wondering if anyone out there might know why I have the following issue. I'm running Win XP with Internet Explorer 7. Each time I come to NikonCafe and go to my favorite topic...."Lens Lust", I will not see the latest posts until I refresh the page. I was having this same issue with Ebay and read that they were having a compatibility problem with IE7, but now, with it happening on this site also, I'm thinking that perhaps it's me and my settings? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

2. Switch to Firefox. I got tired of IE7 locking up on me so I installed Firefox at home and Netscape at work.

3. AndyE

AndyE

May 2, 2005
    Vienna, Austria
    Bob,
    I have the very same setup like you. XP with IE7, but don't have the issue you described.

page refresh has also something to do with the proxy servers you or your ISP are operating.

regards,
    Andy

4. I use IE7 and XP at my office with no issues on this site.
    Andy's suggestion is worth checking into

5. Fred, Andy and Dave, Thanks for your input. I'll have to look into my Proxy Servers as soon as I figure out what they are! Bob

6. billg71

billg71

May 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    You might want to check Tools/Internet Options/General and go to Browsing History/Settings. The default for checking for newer versions of stored pages is Automatic but you can check other options and see if it makes a difference. If that doesn't do it I'm stumped. but I'm not an IE expert by a long shot, either.

I use IE for Windows Update and that's about all. My default browser is Firefox.

Good luck,

Bill

7. Bill,
    That was it! That option was set to NEVER and after changing it to EVERYTIME I VISIT THE WEBPAGE, it works.
    Thanks! Bob

P.S. I can't believe I didn't think of that! Duh.

8. Delighted to hear that your issues are solved.