IE8 to IE10

Well in a sense I was forced to replace IE8. The last update did something that caused the browser to flicker like mad and when that stopped, it went non responding every time it opened. reason I never went to IE9 when it came out was I don't like the layout of the buttons. Why they have to move buttons all over the top IDK. No reason the home, back, stop, refresh, forward buttons cant be all on the left side. Also why they moved the favorites drop down to the right side IDK also.

Really don't like the combined address/search bar either. It does run faster than 8, just looks like a 8 yr old did the layout.

I too prefer Firefox but occassionally have to use IE10 for those few web sites that do not seem to cooperate.

Have you tried customising the toolbars to your liking by first unlocking and dragging to a new position?

Mine is set this way with the Home buttons on the left etc.
ie10bar.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gee didn't take long for someone to mention something other than IE.:smile:

Yep, you it was coming!:smile:

Every time I use the computer at work I am forced to use IE and it is not a browser that flows well for me. I just had a little residual pain left over from the experience of today's session and wanted to spare you the misery of going through what I did.:biggrin:

Tony, I just prefer all the buttons to be up where the arrows are.

I hare it when they change that!

I've switched to Chrome at work, Chrome at home, Chrome on my tablet and Chrome on my phone, with Firefox as a second alternative (Android Chrome doesn't have a Home button which I hate!). I can sign in to all of them and link it all together. I have IE10 on my home PC but opt not to use it.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom