Iexif with Vista problem

I love using iexif to check out pics posted here, but I can't seem to get it to work with Vista. I downloaded the new version 2.26 that's supposed to be compatible, but when I right click on a pic and select view exif, nothing happens. No popup.

Has anyone encountered and solved this problem?

J

jaymc

Actually, Opanda IExif does work with a Vista/Firefox combo, just not Vista/IE7. :confused:

- Jay

IEXIF will work wih Vista/IE7 if you reset IE7 security so that "protected mode" is turned off. Do you think that's a good idea?

But when the IEXIF screen comes up, it appears below the the browser instead of on top of it. Can anyone figure out how to make it "always on top".

B

bioalkemist

IEXIF will work wih Vista/IE7 if you reset IE7 security so that "protected mode" is turned off. Do you think that's a good idea?
On the tech forums I read the general consensus is that IE is, by default, not as secure as Mozilla Firefox. I've also heard many professionals, such as Steve Gibson, say the same thing in their podcasts and on radio shows. IE7 is supposed to be better, but it's just not there yet. I cannot imagine that turning off protected mode is going to do anything good for your system.

Firefox 2.0.x for me. Enough said! :smile:

Actually, I'll say something else: there is an extension for Firefox called IETab that lets you view any web page (on a tab) using the IE rendering engine instead of Firefox's, and you change that on the fly, with a single click. The best of both words, IMHO, and IEXIF works like a champ! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom