1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

If A Tree Falls In The Forest.....

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by OHcorgis, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Hi Birgit -

Wow - that is some serious and heavy action you've captured! Why was the elm being brought down?

Last December, we had a crippling ice storm that left many of us without power for more than a week. After power was restored, the local utility contracted with crews to come all over the region to trim back tree limbs along rights-of-ways and easements such that their future growth would be away from the power lines.

Some of that pruning left elm cylinders in my back yard - and I can testify that those are *really* heavy!

Eric

2. I have a lot of trees. All the Elms are dying of Dutch Elm disease. This year I had three Black Locust trees and two very large elms cut down. The man cutting down the trees is like a monkey. He has been coming to my house to cut down trees for many many years. He is taking the large logs and leaving me smaller logs, cut to my fireplace size. I can no long split logs, so I like the smaller ones.

I sent the pics (there are a lot more) to his wife who of course, never wants to witness the tree climbing and felling. He said it was okay.

What I was pleased with are the shots of the logs falling to ground.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.