If anyone plans to visit Greece...

Hi Panos!

Finally reunited in another forum.

I cannot tell you by words how much I long to go back to Greece. Unfortunately, during the best travel time I almost always have to go to Asia.

But I would dearly like to visit Nikon laundry again.

cheers

Harry S. said:
Finally reunited in another forum...
...But I would dearly like to visit Nikon laundry again.

Hey Harry... :) How are you? Still chasing the "uncaught" :roll:

I am in Cyprus (for the time, and at least for 2-3 years more), so this is closer to Asia than Greece :wink: feel free! 8)

Jonathan F. said:
hi Panos,

This OT, but I'm looking at your avatar and I am wondering how old your dog is? It seems forever stuck as a puppy! Very cute!

Well Jonathan, I got him on the 10th of February 2 months old (Nikon Cafe was... 1/2 m/o) :D
Today Lambros is exactly 3 1/2 m/o and Nikon Cafe some 2 m/o...
So... yes he is a puppy and he's going to be one for the next several months :wink:
Let aside that Labs tend to be "puppies" till 3 years old... :shock:

Code:
02-10-2005 --> 2 m/o
39608380.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Code:
02-22-2005 --> 2 1/2 m/o
View attachment 5967

Code:
03-05-2005 --> 3 m/o
View attachment 5968

Code:
03-19-2005 --> 3 1/2 m/o
View attachment 5969

Oh he is so Precious. :>))))

Just love those labs and goldies.

Cheers
Gale

more more pics

He's a cute dog! He reminds me of my dog, except he's a little weird!

hunter_01.jpg

bigma_01.jpg

Jonathan F. said:
He's a cute dog! He reminds me of my dog, except he's a little weird!

Hey!!! :shock: That's my mom's dog... "Johnyz" :D
I would call it weird... just ...lunatic :lol:
Great dog Jonathan, it sure keeps you smiling all day... :wink:

Panos Kazanelis said:
Jonathan F. said:
Great dog Jonathan, it sure keeps you smiling all day... :wink:

Not really, since I got home from my accident, he just sleeps all day, paying me no attention. My dog is really lazy. My girlfriend treats him too much like a baby, so he's spoiled! :p

His name is Hunter...but the only thing he hunts for is junk food! :roll: :wink: :p

Back on topic...Greece is on my list of places to visit. After several years of taking art history, it would be a good way to refresh my memory on all the different style columns and other architectural details they made me memorize in studying the Acropolis!

Jonathan F. said:
Back on topic...Greece is on my list of places to visit. After several years of taking art history, it would be a good way to refresh my memory on all the different style columns and other architectural details they made me memorize in studying the Acropolis!

And not only the Acropolis I may add... there are more that 1,000 ancient temples where you can find all 4 major architectural styles...

C

celia bule

Well, I was in Greece four years ago. I went to Athens and stayed there for three days and did a cruise in Aegean sea. I visited Mikonos, Patmos and Rhodes. Also went to ancient Ephesus, in Turkey.
From the countries I visited Greece was the only one in which I felt at home, almost like I feel in Portugal. Very friendly people, always eager to help.

celia bule said:
From the countries I visited Greece was the only one in which I felt at home, almost like I feel in Portugal. Very friendly people, always eager to help.

Celia, I feel likewise... You know, I have discovered the Portuguese and Greeks are very alike in personality. Indeed friendly, hospitable, generous and know how to through a great party and keep it alive till the early hours !!! 8)
I would also add the Irish, too!

Panos, I was in Kriti for 3.5 weeks in September 2002 and just fell in love with it! Mainly in Chania, hiked the Samaria Gorge (not sure if my feet have still forgiven me yet). What a country! I did that trip with my 990 and now I want to do it all over again with my new gear. Even had a wild vacation romance... but that's another story for another day *LOL* Lovely country, just lovely!

TOLady said:
Panos, I was in Kriti for 3.5 weeks in September 2002 and just fell in love with it! Mainly in Chania, hiked the Samaria Gorge (not sure if my feet have still forgiven me yet). What a country! I did that trip with my 990 and now I want to do it all over again with my new gear. Even had a wild vacation romance... but that's another story for another day *LOL* Lovely country, just lovely!

Sandi, indeed Greece is a country that can offer all kinds of "relaxing" vacations (wild romance is a must, so good for you, ha? ...) :D

People don't really know that you can choose between Alpine Vacation to Exotic Palmtrees and White Sand Vacation, or from Ancient Tour Vacation to Modern 5-star SPA and Golf Vacation... 8)

But when it comes to outdoors and extreme sports... woohoooo... I see your kayak and raise you with my white waters raft, my kitesurf, my scuba gear, my MTB, my para, my... :wink:

Panos, you've got me beat with sports equip, but then again, you also might have me beat in years too!! I'm doing the best I can with the worn out joints I still have left!! *LOL*
Here are some samples of my trip to Crete.
Having a glass of wine at an outdoor cafe as the sun sets:
5073525.jpg

This is the sailboat (on the left) owned by the romance guy, who happened to be the commander of the US Naval base there... (a little Buzz treatment on the pic)
6252498.jpg

Heading back to port after a great day of sailing
5135454.jpg

I took my Ikelite housing for my Nikon990 and was glad I did
6859339.jpg

The little hidden gardens are a delight
8019786.jpg

and sunrise is definitely worth getting up for...
8246035.jpg

Panos, thank you so much for sharing your country. If I ever come back, I'll definitely want a photo guide!! *LOL* Cheers, Sandi

TOLady said:
Panos, thank you so much for sharing your country. If I ever come back, I'll definitely want a photo guide!! *LOL* Cheers, Sandi

That's a deal Sandi... and you know what... You do not want to mess up a deal with a Greek!!!" :lol: "Before us, the Italian mob looks like a kindengarden party!" 8) You've been to Crete, so you know exactly what I'm talking about... aeeepaeeee... :wink:

S

Steve Thanos

Really cute pup Panos. Polie oreo. Dogs teach us so much about how to become better people.
Steve

D

David H. Lewis

Panos, my wife and I will be visiting Greece in October, flying into and out of Athens, and visiting 2-3 islands in between. We're told to not miss Santorini, so we won't, but not sure which others to choose. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Latest threads

Top Bottom