If I could only remember where ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harry S., Jan 5, 2006.

1. ... that stupid viewfinder was :confused:  ?

[​IMG]

Image taken by Joachim Gerstl (D200, 12-24 DX) who visited me at the Natural History Museum yesterday to continue his testing of his new D200.

I have to admit that the D200 impressed me, especially the large LCD and viewfinder, and the Auto WB, which performs in a different league than that of my D1X. Also the mirror lock-up which has been decoupled from the menu is quite useful.

Joachim has two threads on this shoot-out over at DPR.

Cheers

2. cool shot. that you
    Harry??

3. Yes! Spooky place, isn't it?

I will post my own pics of that session soon - in case they are presentable, haven't looked at them yet (you know, my baby didn't allow it :smile: ).

Cheers

4. Nice Shot, and a unique place to work :wink:

You are watched by many Ey...... after looking again.... many missing Eyes! :Shocked:

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Very cool place to work!

BTW, how is your sweet little baby doing? Would love to see more pics of her!

6. Leigh, your new avatar is sweet :Love: :smile:

Well, it's not really my working place but the anthropology dpt. is very close to the entomology section and since these skull cabinets are not accessible to the public I like to show them to my guests now and then.

Baby pics - http://www.pbase.com/rovebeetle/nadja_marina
    This is where the Nadja pics go that I deem presentable. You might want to visit this gallery now and then since not all those pics will be posted here.

Cheers

7. NOW I can see where you get your DEATHLY HUMOUR from.

Best wishes. Bob F.

PS Did you get my email on Mayflies?

8. Just looked at Joachim's pictures which are excellent. However, there is just one problem. You either have a wandering lumberjack in your museum or the ghost of one. That jacket looks very passe to me.

BW. Bob F.

9. Bob, that's me :smile: - I'm famous for wearing my clothes until they decomposite and fall off on their own.

10. Hey, the third one from the left on the 6th shelf looks just like my uncle Wolfgang...

dead :rolleyes: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.