If I wanted to reverse mount my 50mm to another lens....

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by shadow, Nov 8, 2005.

  1. genera


    Oct 6, 2005

    If you're trying to mount the lenses face to face I think what you need is called a macro coupler or lens to lens reversing ring. Go to B&H and search for "macro coupler".

    -Gene A
  2. Baywing


    Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    You will need a Nikon BR-2 reversing ring and a step down ring.
  3. For lens stacking you will need a macro coupler as was said above, they come in different sizes, there are more threads sizes available than b&h has so if the size you want isn't there do a google, you will probably still need a step down ring to go with it.

    For reversing the lens on camera you need a reversing ring BR-2a made by Nikon.

Similar Threads Forum Date
Nikon.........no I do not want to send the lens in for a screw replacement General Technical Discussion Jul 23, 2014
Problem with my d80. It doesnt want to focus. General Technical Discussion Mar 16, 2012
HDR Efex Pro doesnt want to load General Technical Discussion Aug 21, 2011
Want comments on my tc test General Technical Discussion Jul 16, 2011
Using a reverse ring on a 50mm lens General Technical Discussion Jul 18, 2008