1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Palouse, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Well, it was a Monday last week, and my son and I finally met up with Bart and his wife Marion for a cold afternoon walk, talk and shoot in Bruges/Brugge. We toured the grounds of the
    Begijnhof (Beguinage) that Bart has covered very well a few years ago, a church and a smal section of the old town.

Bart is the first member of Nikon Café that I've met in person, and as you can see from the picture below he takes his camera everywhere (this a Df with a 20).

1. Bart (4 days after his 59th Birthday). Note my Nikon Café hat!
    Belg560_DxO.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I also attach a couple of pictures of a
    storefront in Bruges that we walked by shortly after Bart and Marion left for home. Enjoy (and I hope no one is offended :)  )

2 and 3 - Bruges understands us!

IMG_2894_DxO.jpg

IMG_2895_DxO_DxO.jpg

Thanks again Bart!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Glad to know you hooked up with Bart. I hope Belgium is treating you well.

3. Belgium was fun and then some. We returned yesterday--I woke at 3:30 am today &^$#*. I guess I'll use some of my retirement time to get over jet lag.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Didn't anyone tell you that you're supposed use that early-morning time to begin culling your photos? :ROFLMAO: 

5. I did :rolleyes: . But first order was coffee. Then I had a few upgrades to install. Having read about DXoSL2, I had to take a look, Bought it and installed it and played with it. Processed a few. Then spent a lifetime getting photos off my iPhone to my MacBook. Stay tuned, I'll get to my D850 stash eventually.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  6. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Cafe members rock. I’m glad you got to meet Bart and his wife. Sounds like you had a lovely time!!

7. Sounds like a great trip Nick. 3:30am is a great time to be out scouring the Palouse and photographing deer in the headlights. Did you bring your wife some chocolate?

8. It was the only way I could get in the house :D 

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Bruges is the place to be. I love the old town. Can't wait to see photos, so I can reminisce

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Panther

Panther

Jun 1, 2009
    Texas (KSKF)
    Bring back some of that 'beverage' made by those fine Belgium Monks......:D 

11. My son did--I didn't have room. However, I'm not sure we left any undrunk :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: 

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Great to get a photo with another Cafe member. I've had the good fortune to meet up with Cafe members in Ohio, Tennessee, Florida, Zurich, Amsterdam, Tokyo, and far northern Scotland. It was a pleasure every time, and they all were great hosts.

(Did I leave anyone out?)

13. Yeah, and to compare them with their Café profile picture :D 

• Wow Wow x 1
  14. :LOL: 

It's generally a surprise.

15. THat's why I took my Café hat :cool: 

16. Apparently, meeting with me drives people away from the Cafe. Kees de Bruin (Amsterdam), IsamuM (Tokyo), and Sharkey (Scotland) have all been MIA for over a year.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018 at 6:32 PM
  17. Very cool nick

The people you meet here online are great in person. There is no other place like this online.
    Even FM is drifting towards DP like.

• Like Like x 1
  18. What a treat, Nick! and yep - everyone from the Café that I've met in person has been absolutely terrific.

19. Well, we definitely enjoyed our time together as well!
    Nick was also the first Café member I met in person.
    Glad to see the picture of the two of us worked out good.
    I have to admit I was worried about the righthand part :rolleyes: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.