1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

If there is one thing I can't stand about FedEx..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fiveoboy01, Aug 18, 2009.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01

Jan 30, 2009
    Madison, WI
    ....It's them putting "on vehicle for delivery" on their website tracking and me having to sit here in anticipation....

HURRY UP FEDEX DELIVERY GUY/GAL!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin:

2. Try living at my house. We had gotten used to deliveries being as late as 8 to 9. But, the last delivery for my son came at 10:05 PM!! :eek: :frown:

3. JakeEbersole

JakeEbersole

Mar 11, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Jake Ebersole
    When I was waiting for my camera that's what I kept getting. I was so anxious. I would get on the computer every hour to check the progress.

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01

Jan 30, 2009
    Madison, WI
    I'm just sitting in the living room with the front door open. Every time I hear a door slam I look out the door to check who it might be:smile:

5. midocr

midocr

Mar 28, 2008
    OH - IO
    Mike
    I'm waiting on the UPS guy right now!

6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01

Jan 30, 2009
    Madison, WI
    What are you getting:confused: 

:smile:

7. ROFL! Talk about a "kid at Christmas!" Just think what it will be like when it DOES reach your house! Patience ya'll!

8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01

Jan 30, 2009
    Madison, WI
    No patience. Hence wasting over 40 bucks on next day shipping:biggrin:

9. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01

Jan 30, 2009
    Madison, WI
    Still waiting:434:

10. "on vehicle for delivery" is just a warning for me to wait and see how busted up the box is when it gets here. I avoid fedex when I can.

11. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    I thought only UPS was notorious for kicking, dropping, throwing packages in their sorting area but looks like FedEx is equally bad.

12. midocr

midocr

Mar 28, 2008
    OH - IO
    Mike
    Nikkor 70-200

13. They are - but I've never had anything damaged by UPS (I received one item that was beaten up from the inside out because the shipped packed a heavy item in a huge box without packing - I'll let anyone slide on that one). Most of the time boxes come from the UPS truck looking like the guy carried it from across the street. On the other hand, I received a shipment of film via fedex overnight a couple of weeks ago and it looked like someone jabbed it with a fork-lift.

I think it's all a crapshoot :) 

14. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Feel lucky. You get Fed Ex. There is no Fed Ex delivery even in Fairbanks. For us, Fed Ex goes to a sort facility in Anchorage, where it's picked up by a third party, mailed to Fairbanks via US Mail, then it goes by truck from Fairbanks (a company called RoadRunner) to the post office 24 miles north of us. So speedy delivery means 7-10 days.

15. midocr

midocr

Mar 28, 2008
    OH - IO
    Mike
    I've had bad luck with both. The main thing for me is, if a signature is required, neither will leave the package, but it can be picked up at the terminal that evening. UPS is 5 minutes away. FedEx is about 50 minutes away. Makes shipping easier too.

16. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01

Jan 30, 2009
    Madison, WI
    HAHA awesome!

SO I'm sitting here, and I hear a truck pull up, and it's definitely bigger(I'm a diesel tech so I know what a diesel truck sounds like)...

I hear a door slam, I run outside and here is my package....!!!

But...

It was the UPS guy, with the office chair I ordered yesterday:mad: 

DSC_5891.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

So, I'm sitting here lookin out the window:smile:

17. This is one FUNNY thread ya'll! I'm enjoying the laughs.:biggrin:

18. midocr

midocr

Mar 28, 2008
    OH - IO
    Mike
    Sitting here about half asleep....the dogs start going nuts and I jump up thinking "IT"S HERE"! Nope. Just my daughter and a friend stopping by when they saw my truck here.

Still waiting too. :m68:

19. I am sitting here waiting too .... somewhere out there on a brown truck is a huge box with my name on it from adorama ......

in that big box is 2 smaller nikon gold boxes

1 contains a D700 while the other has a 14 - 24 f 2.8 in it .....

tick tock tick tock .....

20. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01

Jan 30, 2009
    Madison, WI
    :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :tongue:

IMG_0126-1.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.