If there is one thing I can't stand about FedEx..

....It's them putting "on vehicle for delivery" on their website tracking and me having to sit here in anticipation....

HURRY UP FEDEX DELIVERY GUY/GAL!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin:

Try living at my house. We had gotten used to deliveries being as late as 8 to 9. But, the last delivery for my son came at 10:05 PM!! :eek::frown:

Real Name
Jake Ebersole
When I was waiting for my camera that's what I kept getting. I was so anxious. I would get on the computer every hour to check the progress.

I'm just sitting in the living room with the front door open. Every time I hear a door slam I look out the door to check who it might be:smile:

They are - but I've never had anything damaged by UPS (I received one item that was beaten up from the inside out because the shipped packed a heavy item in a huge box without packing - I'll let anyone slide on that one). Most of the time boxes come from the UPS truck looking like the guy carried it from across the street. On the other hand, I received a shipment of film via fedex overnight a couple of weeks ago and it looked like someone jabbed it with a fork-lift.

I think it's all a crapshoot :)

Feel lucky. You get Fed Ex. There is no Fed Ex delivery even in Fairbanks. For us, Fed Ex goes to a sort facility in Anchorage, where it's picked up by a third party, mailed to Fairbanks via US Mail, then it goes by truck from Fairbanks (a company called RoadRunner) to the post office 24 miles north of us. So speedy delivery means 7-10 days.

Real Name
Mike
"on vehicle for delivery" is just a warning for me to wait and see how busted up the box is when it gets here. I avoid fedex when I can.
They are - but I've never had anything damaged by UPS (I received one item that was beaten up from the inside out because the shipped packed a heavy item in a huge box without packing - I'll let anyone slide on that one). Most of the time boxes come from the UPS truck looking like the guy carried it from across the street. On the other hand, I received a shipment of film via fedex overnight a couple of weeks ago and it looked like someone jabbed it with a fork-lift.

I think it's all a crapshoot :)
I've had bad luck with both. The main thing for me is, if a signature is required, neither will leave the package, but it can be picked up at the terminal that evening. UPS is 5 minutes away. FedEx is about 50 minutes away. Makes shipping easier too.

Nikkor 70-200
HAHA awesome!

SO I'm sitting here, and I hear a truck pull up, and it's definitely bigger(I'm a diesel tech so I know what a diesel truck sounds like)...

I hear a door slam, I run outside and here is my package....!!!

But...

It was the UPS guy, with the office chair I ordered yesterday:mad:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

So, I'm sitting here lookin out the window:smile:

Real Name
Mike
Sitting here about half asleep....the dogs start going nuts and I jump up thinking "IT"S HERE"! Nope. Just my daughter and a friend stopping by when they saw my truck here.

Still waiting too. :m68:

I am sitting here waiting too .... somewhere out there on a brown truck is a huge box with my name on it from adorama ......

in that big box is 2 smaller nikon gold boxes

1 contains a D700 while the other has a 14 - 24 f 2.8 in it .....

tick tock tick tock .....

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :tongue:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom