Critique If you like purple...

A few formations were produced in my latest drop art session that are a bit different from the norm.

Photo #1
Mike 2020-06-13--007-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photo #2
Mike 2020-06-13--008-S.jpg

Photo #3
Mike 2020-06-13--014-S.jpg

Photo #4
Mike 2020-06-13--018-S.jpg

Photo #5
Mike 2020-06-13--019-S.jpg

Photo #6
Mike 2020-06-13--025-S.jpg

The first reminds of metallic jelly beans falling from space, 3 is pizza dough being tossed, 4 is simply amazing (Chihuly glass art came readily to mind) and the last is a trampoline (and that's just after 1 mug of strong coffee).
Well done, indeed!

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Stunning images! Really!

The formations are exceptionally nice and I love the intense colors at the bottom of each "stem". Well done, Mike!

I think a book of these would be a great idea!

Thank you to Nick, Randy and Karen!

The formations are exceptionally nice and I love the intense colors at the bottom of each "stem".

I assume you're referring to the colors in the basin surrounding the "stem." I actually have no idea what produced them. Nothing I have done so far produced them and I've used this lighting setup more than any other setup. The only detail that is different about the setup is that I attached the background gradient printed on acetate on the side of the translucent vellum that is away from the camera. On the other images, the acetate was positioned on the side nearest the camera. I have no idea why that would create those intense colors if indeed that's the cause.

Drop art photogs call the "stem" you mentioned a Worthington Jet or just a jet. It's named in honor of A. M. Worthington who wrote A Study of Splashes in 1908.

Real Name
Dan
Another fascinating set, Mike. The use of color adds another dimension to what is already fascinating imagery. I guess with no two alike there are endless possibilities. Well done. Again...

Latest threads

Top Bottom