If you were stuck in an elevator for 8 hours....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TOLady, Jun 27, 2007.

1. ... who would you want to be stuck with????

My choice: David Attenborough... the man's vast knowledge of earth, life on earth, mammals, the human body, amphibians, etc could keep me silent for the whole time (not an easy feat, trust me!)

OK OK OK, so I admit: I'm a documentary junkie.

Who's your choice?

2. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wow, what a great question. The first several people that came to mind were figures from the past. But if I had to pick someone alive and Kickin', it would be would probably be Bill Clinton. I'm a conservative republican and lothed "Slick Willy" as president, but I hear he is a great story teller! I'll bet the guy would be a hoot one on one.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I ain't tellin:>))

Sandi your are a bit of a devel

4. Galey, I'm talkin' about "talkin' " :biggrin:

5. Jessica Biel, for her awesome acting talent. I would love to ask her a bunch of questions, lol.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    yeah I know:>)))))

7. My Mom or my wife (of 24 years) would be my top two choices.

8. I dunno.... once a politician, always a politician. There's a difference between listening to someone tell stories, and someone telling 'stories'. If I'm going to sit silent, enthralled, and have my brain act as a sponge, I want to be fairly assured it's at least going to be the truth! :wink: Sorry, just couldn't resist. My personal experiences with politicians have not exactly been positive ones, to say the least.

Now, if it was a large elevator, with a whole gang, and I wanted a story teller, who better than our own dear Jarrell Conley. That man can weave a tale like no other!!! *LOL* Maybe he'll bless us with his flying outhouse story sometime!

I must admit, I have been conned in the past, even recent, by some tall tale tellers. :wink:

9. Jay, interesting choice.

10. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Easy, either of my brothers. We don't need Harrison Ford or Bruce Willis. Several Bronze stars between us and my brother put in for the silver star, no Elevator is gonna stop us for long.....

But it couldn't be family folks, I think S. Hawkins, I'd just shut and listen to someone who knows the universe and has overcome enormous disabilities...now there is a hero....

11. :smile: That really sums you up, Dave. Good man. (BTW, you just earned 100 bonus points with the missus for THAT answer!)

If it had to be someone personal for me, it would be my maternal Grandma. I was named after her, and apparently look just like her. I was in my early 20's when she passed away and I'd give anything to have a long, one on one with her now. She was such an interesting, and warm lady.

12. Good answer, Jeff. Being severely claustrophobic, I've always said I'd be the first one to shinny up the cables if stuck. Nothing like a bro to get your backside outta trouble.

Steven Hawking has such an incredible mind - yup, I'd take being stuck listening to him as well.

13. Hmm this is a tough question but like a previous poster I will break down into two answers...

1) Family = my wife, I know my sense of humour could keep us entertained for 8 hours, but at the 8:01 mark I am a dead man probably :smile:

2) Non-family = Joel Sartore, George Lucas, or Nolan Bushnell (creator of Pong, founder of Atari)

14. I'd go for Bill CLinton is a sec, just for the hell of it :Wink:

15. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    This is an easy one for me to answer, I'd wish to be in that elevator with my Dad. He passed without me being able to say goodbye and that I loved him. I would cherish being with him just one more time.

16. A bunch of Playboy Playmates that are nymphos. :biggrin:

17. My Mother or Father. Mom died from Alzheimers and was lost to us for her last ten years; my dad because we didn't talk much and he just drifted away till one day he was gone. Now there's so much I would like to have known about them when they were children...how it was to live during the depression, in wartime America, what my grand parents were like, where they came from and more. I could fill all eight hours with questions and listen to their answers.

Those of you who are blessed and still have your parents and relatives with you speak with them and just talk before their wonderfully rich memories go with them and vanish.

Thanks for asking Sandi. Despite a puerile comment or political cheap shot or two, many thought provoking ones.

Rich

18. Watch BBC's Planet Earth? :tongue:

Interesting thought..8 hours...definitely wouldn't be George W Bush :biggrin:

Ideally, it would be Bruce Lee but since he's passed on.... I'd probably go with maybe a Gracie that could teach me a thing or two...

19. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    My Dad, if only we could be stuck. If only... He was so easy to talk to when he was relaxed, and away from the daily rush. God I miss that.

20. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Sandi :

Y'know, funny thing about this...

I spend many of my days talking with people from various walks of life, and in that time, many bonds are made and firmly set. I don't like every person I meet - doubtless a number don't like me, either - and I do not become bosom buddies with all that many.

But...

I've found that if I listen to almost anyone, they have a story to tell, and when they find a person who listens, their narrative can become interesting, fascinating, even compelling, simply because someone listens.

And I've on a couple of occasions been trapped on an elevator for a prolonged time, but perhaps not eight hours. :rolleyes:

John P.