If you were stuck in an elevator for 8 hours....

I've been thinking about this and have decided that George Bush (or his dad or even Clinton) would be a great choice.

There's no way they're going to leave any of those people stuck in an elevator for 8 hours.

Don
Who can get quite claustrophobic at times.

You know, you're right! Steve Jobs, too, wouldn't put up with being stuck on an elevator any longer than a few minutes. He'd be pulling out his iPhone and getting help pronto.... :biggrin:

In a heartbeat Jessica Alba.
Cuz in the next elavator my wife would be with Orlando Bloom.

No talking needed.

...I don't mind being alone BUT I need a plastic bottle or at least a plastic bag ...
Don't think I can survive 8 hours without going to the bathroom :)

In a heartbeat Jessica Alba.
Cuz in the next elavator my wife would be with Orlando Bloom.

No talking needed.

My god I'm feeling old - I had to Google both these people to see who they were and I'm still not sure.

Don

I'm still sticking with Bush 'cause he's gonna get me out of the dam thing the quickest.

I am by no means a religious person but I think Mother Theresa. She would (if she were still alive) have some incredible humbling insight and perspective on life and the human condition. Maybe Maya Angelou. I think i would walk out of the elevator a totally different person. Not that theres anything wrong with me now...But I think we (I) could have a lot to learn from some one like these two.

R

Rick Waldroup

Gary Winogrand. I could actually watch someone shoot the inside of an elevator for 8 hours.

It is rumoured that at the end, he was sleeping with his Leica and shooting upwards of 20 rolls of film a day.

Folks, as you probably can determine on your own, I wasn't intending this thread to analyze the physical logistics of being in an elevator for eight hours, but to be an insight into who your person of preference would be.

Yes, Mother Theresa or Maya Angelou would certain prompt you to leave the elevator a different person.

All interesting (and revealing) answers....

Easy answer, Pete Townshend. I have lots of questions about his lyrics and I'm sure he has a lot of humorous stories about being on the road with the rest of the band. He's also quite a spiritual person and I think he could talk about his views on God and religion for 8 hours alone.

If he happened to have an accoustic guitar with him, I wouldn't mide being stuck in that elevator for 16 hours.:biggrin:

I didn't read through all the responses but I would like to be stuck with Kevin Smith (Director of Clerks, Clerks 2, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Mallrats etc) He is hillarious and if you have seen his speaking tour (An Evening With Kevin Smith) I think he would be great to talk to...

My dad. He died when I was 19, I was just starting out in photography. I don't have a single photo of him, I can't remember what he looked now. I'd love to just take photos of him and ask him about his family since he never talked about them.

Steve Jobs....

Great choice Connie but personnally, I'd go with the other Steve. Wozniak that is ! I'd be willing to stay an extra 8 hours as he is such a great story teller. I'd ask him all kind of questions about the early days of Apple, his phone phreaking years, Captain Crunch and so much more...

Gotta go read his last book once more so I'm prepared when we meet in the elevator.

Folks, as you probably can determine on your own, I wasn't intending this thread to analyze the physical logistics of being in an elevator for eight hours, but to be an insight into who your person of preference would be.

Yes, Mother Theresa or Maya Angelou would certain prompt you to leave the elevator a different person.

All interesting (and revealing) answers....

oppss.. :)
sorry, I always think about logistics all the time ..

for me, that would be both my grandpas.
My paternal Grandpa passed away when I was one, so I'd like to know more about him. Also, he was into mysticism, a thing that always fascinates me but he expressly forbade his children to got into. I want to know why ...
My maternal Grandpa, who passed away when I was in high school, was a great story teller.. I'd love to hear him tell stories again for once.

I actually had this as an interview question for a job except it was stuck on an airplane and my choice could be either living or dead. My choice was Dwight Eisenhower. Overcame personal and professional adversity, led half the World War 2 effort, led the country during the Korean War, had high morals, and effectively and quietly led the nation without scandal. He did so much that most people don't know about.

I would SO love to meet both Jobs and Woz!!!! Wouldn't that be a trip?!

Unlikely to happen, of course, but in the meantime I am sure happy with what they have created and grown over the years.....
Both of them in the same elevator with both of us. That would be awesome. Connie I'll let you pick the elevator. Just give me 48 hours notice so I can hop on a plane and rush to the building just in time to get stuck we you guys !!! :biggrin::biggrin:

If it was just the 2 of us, then I would say my wife. Being self employed with 2 young children does not leave us much time to talk about us. Its always kid or business conversation. If not her, I would rather be alone. Eight hours of quiet time would be great. :smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom