1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Il Ciclone - The Closed Discotech

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by tommhans, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Il Ciclone, a closed discotech, located in Lido Adriano, Italy. It was in the beginning a popular place for the youth, and it had alot of visitors, unfortunately, Lido Adriano aint a nice place in the winter, its cold, and people travel back to theyre houses, in other parts of Italy or other countries. In the summer there was a huge popularity, but unfortunately the city grew bigger, and the location of this discotech was placed in the "old town", the people drew towards the newer parts, and this discotech had a huge downtime, and after some time it closed, around the year 2000, after that it has been used by drug addicts, homeless people and a place to drink in piece. Also half of the discotech is being used as a mall and apartments. For the common man this is sad, for a photographer this is a fantastic oppurtunity to tell a history. Here are some of my pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There was alot of noise in this pictures, that was because i felt it was more appropriate with noise, made it a nostalgic feeling,a feeling that this was abandoned, old and forgotten, but i on some of the pictures there were too much noise, which was much because of the compression to web format, which made abit worse quality,and even more noise.

Comments and critique is welcomed

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2008
  2. These photos definitely bring out a depressing mood/theme.

I very much enjoyed this set of photos!!! Seemed like a documentary expressed in photos rather and video/words. Very cool!

3. thanx, that was the point;) 

4. InLimbo87

InLimbo87

Jul 30, 2008
    Orlando, Fl
    I love what you did with these shots. Your composition and overall feel of the images really do tell a story. Well done! :biggrin:

5. tnx for comment :) , i forgot to tell most of the pictures are taken with a 18-125mm lense, but 3 of the pictures also is taken with 70-300mm lense, both with polarize filter on(forgot to take it off on some pics)

6. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    Tommy,

very cool.

7. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Tommy - I like every single one and #5 is a "Street Classic"! Sweet treatment with noise and color on them all!

~respect~

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2008
  8. thanks for that comment liftoff :) 

9. Great series. #2 is my favorite. Very stark and the foreground fence really sets it off. This was a place...at one time. Like 5 too, just wish the shoe wasn't slightly cropped on the left.
    The syringe is a powerful image. Sadly.

10. ye,i actually took the picture that way on nr 5:(  but thanks for that good comment :) 

11. powerful series of images
    but....
    i wish you would post bigger sizes... these are too small to fully appreciate

12. yer, but the place i uploaded it has minimized them, i could change the size, but takes time to manually write the size on the link everytime.

13. ahh heres 2 other pictures which i edited today(just suddenly came over these files)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Very nice shots. The only thing I'd love to see above and beyond what you have here is a larger shot of the club, inside if possible. If it is that big, then I'd love to see how the entirity has morphed from glamour to decay.

Cheers,

Rob

15. oh yeah, i took pictures from the inside of the apartments, but it was very hard to get an overall picture because one of the side is now a mall the other is this abandoned club, so to get the full sad feeling i just choose to upload those.

16. Ah, gotcha.
    Cheers,

Rob

17. here are some of the apartments over the area of the club.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

please give both bad and good critique ;) 

18. The first couple of shots seem slightly underexposed... nice though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.