Ilford on the Future of Film

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/pressroom/article.asp?n=78

Over recent times, the demand and usage of both digital and film-based imaging have settled into more discernable levels, with film very much holding its own. Howard Hopwood, marketing director of black-and-white photographic materials manufacturer ILFORD PHOTO, sees a very positive future
for the traditional medium.

It's an interesting read.

John,

Thanks for bringing this our attention. Not having kept up with developments as regards Ilford, this was indeed interesting. I have the impression that Ilford/Harman's management team's attention is not being diluted by too many product lines, unlike it's competitors. Hopwood says all the right things...

Real Name
Chris
... Of course, that must mean Ilford are lurking in the Film forum here and noticed the trends? :tongue: :biggrin: Especially when Chris bought his Leica rangefinder :Crunk: ...

Interesting you should say that Paul. Night before last, I developed rolls 3 and 4 of Kodak's trix that I had run through the Leica. Then yesterday, walked into a photo store to buy more. But when I told the guy what I wanted, "Delta 400" came out of my mouth instead of "Tri-Eks".

Huh. Some weird Harman Technology?

Lol :)

Over here, Ilford is cheaper per roll than Kodak, so I've always used it (my absolute favourite is HP5+ - lovely contrast, and great exposure latitude). I keep meaning to try Tri-X, but have never got 'round to it.

R

Removed User 2

me, I love HP5. I regret not shooting it more in the past...

Latest threads

Top Bottom