1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ilford XP2 400 Revisted,

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by rcap, Sep 3, 2008.

1. The last time I posted some photos with some out of date Ilford XP2 400, that were expired. I have since purchased and shot a roll of fresh Ilford XP2 Super 400. Below are some shots from that roll.

Any comments are appreciated as I am trying to improve.

All shot with Nikon FG, Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 AIS and Ilford XP2 Super 400.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    I haven't used this film in many years. I really like the last shot. well done, lots of detail, good depth of field, very sharp.

3. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Interesting images Ray, I like the 3rd one the most
    I have two rolls of Kodak BW400CN (the Kodak version of XP2 being developed at the moment) I look forward to seeing how they compare to XP2

4. Connahhh

Connahhh

Oct 27, 2007
    NH
    I like your compositions here. I used to shoot this stuff all the time in 35mm before I started self developing. That film was awesome though, so contrasty and sharp.

5. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Nice images. Your shot selection lends itself very well to B&W. Did you scan prints or negs?

6. Thanks, I like shooting in that park. The film uses the C41 Color film process. So I got it developed by Kodak and had them do the scans.

7. Michael, I just discovered this film when my brother-in-law gave me two rolls of it. I was pleasantly surprised.

Thank you Robert. I will put the Kodak BW400CN on my list of films.

Connor, my plan is to start developing myself in the future. It's been a while but when I get the time I will get properly set up. What type of enlarger do you use?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2008
  8. Connahhh

Connahhh

Oct 27, 2007
    NH
    ... whatever they keep at that school of mine. :smile:

9. Lucky you. I was a member of my high school photography club. It was nice having access to their darkroom and cameras.

10. Connahhh

Connahhh

Oct 27, 2007
    NH
    It's all about the free paper+chemicals... :biggrin:

11. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    It's also about having a darkroom and space to do the work. Ever try and do everything in a closet? :biggrin:

12. I used to use a closet myself. But it was fairly large and light tight. Being a teen it was easy to do everything on the floor. There were no other work surfaces. I had my enlarger and all my pans set up on the floor. A single bulb for a safe light. The only problem was I had to go down to the 2nd floor to get to running water. Though it was night and day compared to the facilities at my high school.

13. Connahhh

Connahhh

Oct 27, 2007
    NH
    Well, no... :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.