Critique I'll have to reflect on these for awhile

These are my first drop art photos that include a reflection of the entire formation. Whereas I had recently been using a margarita glass as my catch basin, a much larger basin was needed to include the reflection. I bought a black plastic serving tray that works perfectly.

Notice that many times the reflection is more revealing about shape and details than the upper part.

All formations are the result of two drops colliding with each other.

Photo #1
Mike 2020-05-23--010-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photo #2
Mike 2020-05-23--028-S.jpg

Photo #3
Mike 2020-05-23--029-S.jpg

Photo #4
Mike 2020-05-23--047-S.jpg

Photo #5
Mike 2020-05-23--048-S.jpg

Photo #6
Mike 2020-05-23--049-S.jpg

Last edited:
It seems that you are really having fun with your photography in those corona days Mike. All very good work. My fav is #3. I can see some vignette-like dark corners in the images . I would prefer the set without them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, Binnur!

I can see some vignette-like dark corners in the images . I would prefer the set without them.
I don't suppose you'll be glad to know that I acutally lightened some of them during post-processing. :ROFLMAO: Seriously, my impression from the drop art photos I've seen made by others is that most people don't like vignettes with this type of subject. For me, they give the image more depth. Especially in this case when the top half of the image is reflected in the bottom half, displaying vignettes at the top and bottom add to that feeling of everything being reflected. Just my way of seeing this stuff.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom