1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Illinois State University Redbirds Baseball

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by eng45ine, Apr 22, 2007.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Well, it was sunny and windy day for shooting at Redbird Stadium in Bloomington, Illinois, but what a great time shooting with Ty and Rod. We fought the blown highlights and dusty conditions, but it was well worth the enjoyment that we had shooting together, then enjoying a nice dinner afterward. Two nicer guys you won't find anywhere. Well, here's a few images from this afternoon, all were shot with a D2H, 300mm f/2.8 VR and 1.4x TC on a monopod.

View attachment 91975
    View attachment 91976
    View attachment 91977

2. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Yep....I knew yours would blow mine away.....Great job Frank...

I really like 1 and 3.....But they are all excellent.

An enjoyable day indeed. I owe you dinner.

3. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Awsome series. Home sweet home!

4. kramk

kramk Guest

Frank, really nice. The colors are outstanding!!!

best, mark

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    You're killing, you know that, right? I had a blast with you and Ty today, thanks so much for an outstanding time.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Josh, it was nice to come home and see some decent results. The conditions were far less than pleasant.

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thank you Mark, much appreciated.

8. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Wow Frank...
    Four outstanding shots! The pitcher shot in #1 is just about the best I've seen. Good colors, well exposed, sharp..nice bokeh...wow.
    The catcher "sportrait" is superb. I'm sort of partial to catcher photos anyhow. (my daughter plays catcher) :smile:
    Gosh I hate to sound like a broken record, but there's not anything negative to say about these photos. Just really good photos! Outstanding!
    You and Rod are putting on a clinic today!

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks so much Jeff. The catcher is a 2005 graduate of our high school and is having a great college career. I wanted to get some shots of him so we can display them in a case at school to bolster our athletic pride. I truly believe that Kevin will make to the Big Leagues, the kid is a stud.

10. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    You keep raising the bar with every post Frank! Great shots as always.

11. WOW! Totally amazing! Guess I better learn to appreciate sports more - at least from a photographer's perspective! Wonderful as usual, Frank!

12. great catcher pics, Frank

13. Hey Frank,

Dude, you totally rock at this. Great stuff you got there! I give up, I'm selling all my gear and buying my wife a scooter. :biggrin: Thanks for a great time this afternoon. Looking forward to the next time when I can just sit on the sidelines and watch you and Rod kill em!

14. Duschoolboy

Duschoolboy

Dec 17, 2006
    Great pics Frank! They are tack sharp and filled with the emotions of the moment.

15. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate your very nice comments and support. I am looking forward to improving and learning through all of you.

16. Excellent all you guys came back with incredible shots sure would liked to have shoot and hung out after wards with you guys

17. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Mike, the three of us were a gritty mess after the game, but we really connected well and enjoyed our shooting experience. I hope that we can do it again sometime soon...and you are always invited. Doesn't your company need to send you here for business?

18. Super Frank these are all great shots..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.