1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ilwaco Fishing Harbor

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Louis Champan, May 4, 2007.

1. A shot of the fishing port of Ilwaco, Washington at the mouth of the Columbia River. Most of the boats here are commerial crab fishing boats.

original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Louie

2. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Outstanding!

3. Beautiful capture Louis... what lens did you use?

4. Thanks Paul, I used a D2X and a 17-55mm F2.8 Nikkor.

Louie

5. Thanks for taking a look Mark.

Louie

6. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    Very nice... + a sunny day in WA. Bonus!

7. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Louie,

We are going to Maine in June - I just hope I get shoots half as good as this!

8. Very nice! Wonderful still waters and reflection.

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful image Louie,
    What else ya got for us:>)))

10. Like a mirror! That water is smoooth. Very nice shot Louie. Beautiful colors and compositions. Which boat is yours?:wink:

11. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Very nice shot Louie .... just out of curiosity, how much PP work did you have to do to get this fantastic result? I also have the fabled 17-55 and have never managed to get such results, but then my PP skills are pretty poor LOL:smile: If you tell me this image is straight from the camera, I am heading out right now with my D2H and very sharp copy of my 17-55, and will not come home unless I get good pictures :biggrin: :biggrin:

12. Mark, thanks for taking a look.

Louie

13. Well, they sure are few and far between, thanks fo commenting.

Louie

14. Thanks Alex.

Louie

15. Thanks Gale. I'm not really a landscape photographer but I love boats so evertime we go over to the ocean I always try to take a few around the harbor area.

Louie

16. Thanks David. On the boats, been there and done that, with owning a boat. I don't have time for another hobby.

Louie

17. Thank you for your kind comments. As to PP, I obviously crop and do a little shadow and highlight balancing and final sharpening. This shot just happened to come out OK. I appreciate your comments.

Louie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.