1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I'm a bad bad boy - bought me a 85 1.4 - first pics

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by kiwi, Sep 30, 2008.

1. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    ooohhh, it's sooooo creamy

First pics with my 85 1.4. Not the best, but just HAVE to share :smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Darren, I picked one up today absolutely as a result of the incredible shots I have seen here. Congratulations.

3. Congratulations! :D 
    The people here don't think you're a bad bad boy, your wife or significant other on the other hand is a different story! :D 

4. Hey Darren, congrats on your new toy... And you too Mark...
    Look forward to seeing what shots you guys will produce from this lens... ;o))

5. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    It's good to be bad Darren...

Lovely shots, I look forward to seeing what you can do in the future

6. congrats darren, great lens, great pics. enjoy!

7. Congrats and welcome to the party!!! The little fella has his glove on the wrong hand, doesn't he?? :biggrin:

8. GOod for you! Having a youngster around will put that lens to good use, too! f1.4 is fun to play with. :biggrin:

9. lisa_h

lisa_h

Sep 6, 2008
    New England
    Congrats and yes, welcome to the party, lol.

10. We expect more great pictures from down under with that incredable lens!

11. Now you are having fun... and it shows. Being bad is so much fun... isn't it? :) 

12. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    yes, good spotting, only his 2nd practice ever so still getting used to the idea

13. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

congrats Darren, ...ain't that lens a blast?

;-)))

14. onemorelens

onemorelens

Jul 3, 2007
    california
    You guys play baseball down under??
    It's slowly going down in the states - our son's school just replaced baseball with lacrosse as a team sport.
    Nice shots btw!

15. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Nute, it's just wild. I have not found a way to shift it off 1.4 yet though - have you ? Lol.

John, Baseball is not that big here. It runs third to cricket and tennis as a Summer sport.

It just happens though that one of the biggest clubs is in my back yard and Stephen has joined up for the first time

I'm quite looking forward to "covering" baseball and this is one of the reasons I justified this lens as the lights are hardly good and it was either a D3 or a faster lens than my 2.8's.

D3 is next, lol

16. Darren, you area a good boy. Enjoy the new lens.

17. Wonderful images, Darren! Welcome to the club. It's obvious that this lens suits you very well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.