I'm a big-leager now! (ha, ha, ...NOT)

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by GonzoBernelli, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Awww a monitor calibration unit. Nice.

I understand they make all the difference.

Let us know how that one does for you.
    Sorry I missed this post earlier.

thanks for the link also....

2. You'll like it, I have one and my monitor/prints are dead on.

3. I have one - not the pro version - and my prints still suck.
    Drives me nuts!

4. When I bought it, one of the first questions I was asked was "What monitor are you using and how old is it?" When I told him my Viewsonic 19" flatscreen was about 3 years old, he remarked that it "was pretty much at the end of its usable life" and would I like to purchase another at the same time. Bugetary (and spousely) constraints negated that idea. He then suggested a weekly profiling schedule, or even more frequently, to eke out as much monitor accuracy as possible.

Was he just trying to sell me a monitor or is there some element of truth in what was said?

OK, if what I was told was true, then monitor shoppin' I will go.... I was impressed with the images on a Viewsonic VP231wb (1900x1200 native), but then again they werent MY images. About $1300 (piggyback on company discount)

I could afford one of the smaller EIZO's (1600x1200) but the additional advantage of extra real estate is also attractive. I cannot go to CRT, because the desktop lives inside an antique armoire.

Can anyone jump in with specific monitor recommendations (and Houston sources, if available)?

Thanks,
    Nick