I'm a bundle of nerves 12hrs before the shoot!

Discussion in 'People' started by Steve S, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    In less than 12 hrs, I'm going to be shooting outdoor bridal portraits. This is a volunteer job I reluctantly accepted. Thankfully, I did turn down the wedding shoot, but I'm still nervous as he!! about getting this done right. Any advice on poses, or a link to some I could copy would be great. That's the area where I'm most uneasy. How do I get myself into these things!? :eek:

2. Easy:

Good technique (understanding your equipment).
    The bride must smile
    -shoot tight portraits
    -shoot wider
    -then even wider

If insecure, shoot about 100-200 pictures.

Then,

-shoot candids. Don't hesitate to go 8fps (or maximum fps on any camera you got).
    -shoot more.

Usually a bride will be happy with 5 good ones and 10 "ok" ones. You will delete the remaining 300 or so :tongue:
    -------------------------------
    Things to remember:

-Never blow highlights
    -Shoot 50% in natural light and the other 50% with fill flash
    -Choose the location first.The background plays the biggest role. If outside (which is recommended), please, NO CARS, no buildings. Only trees or good looking scenic.
    -------------------------------

Much easier then you think :cool:

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks N! I'm doing some wedding work later this year, and it helps to have some condensed rules like this.

My assistant is female, and the wedding rules just seem to come natural to her - relative pairings, attire details, proper shots of the bling, etc. - but to me, well, I need rules. I see a wedding as 1) get drunk, 2) say "I do" at the right time, 3) get drunker and 4) try to convince yourself that "it's only a movie..." But that's just me.

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    NB23,

That is a great series of "do's" - I've grabbed that text and kept it as a reminder.

Monty,

Your on the money there mate !

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Well, after chatting extensively with the bride again last night, I'm a little more relaxed. She's reassured me that she "just wanted some pics of her in her dress, no big deal." We're gonna start at a park I researched earlier this summer @7:15, where there's a "wedding area", then after about an hr, go downtown, on this renovated street old town street, where she wants some more "edgy" shots whatever the he!! that means :confused: I do like the idea of some shots in nat light, some with fill flash. I also like the machine gun approach. Shoot a lot, keep a few. Will also keep in mind the tight shots,(ring shot), and the candids as well. Thanks everyone, I feel a little better now. Too bad it took me 1 1/2 hrs to fall asleep last night! :frown: Normally it's only 10-15 mins! Will post something later if I get anything worthy of public display :8Ball:

8. Not to worry Steve, you will do great. Use your historgram and adjust as necessary.

9. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Are you kidding me? I just checked your website. You are more than good enough for the task.