1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I'm a hopeless case

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Harry S., May 8, 2007.

1. And I thought that lens lust is no more problem for me. Well, I survived more than a year without any purchase but recently it hit me again.

I bought an EL-Nikkor (75mm f/4) for my bellows and will probably replace it with Rodenstock APO-Rodagon soon (I borrowed one for tests).

Last week I gave in to my collecting addiction and got an unused 105 F/2.5 AiS to accompany my 28/2 and 35/1.4. After the first few test shots I can say that this lens will be more than a collectible, an optical gem!

O.k., both lenses cost me roughly 200 EURO, but
    the same guy who lent me the Rodenstock also lent me a NOCT!!!! and now I am in deep trouble .....
    This lens is awesome! Focussing is a bit difficult, though. But the image quality, even at f/1.2 is nothing short of amazing.

As soon as I find some spare time to edit the pics I will post a few results.

And then I will consult my psycho therapist .....

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2007
  2. ...as if we didn't know that... :biggrin:

5th time in a week...:eek: 

Harry, you need a break! Send all your gear to me for six months. Doctor's order!:cool: 

3. Nadja is 18 months old, so it will only be 17 years before you'll need to make your first college tuition payment... :rolleyes: .

I just looked through your galleries, and Nadja is quite the beauty! Now that you've conquered the basics of parenting, isn't it time to give her a little brother to play with?

4. My marriage witness is a psychiatrist - does that tell you something? :rolleyes: 

You should consider the shipping costs :biggrin:

5. Thanks Frank. Yes, she is a jewel. But so is every child to its parents.

You are in conspiracy league with my wife, aren't you?
    Seriously, we are considering that.

Cheers

6. You survived more than a year without a purchase? :eek: 

7. Unbelievable, isn't it?
    But my lens list is quite long already:
    MF 28/2.0 AiS
    MF 35/1.4 Ai
    MF 45/2.8 P
    MF 85/2.8 PC Micro
    MF 105/2.5 AiS
    AF 28/1.4 D
    AF 50/1.8 D
    AF 60/2.8 D Micronikkor
    AF 85/1.4 D
    AFS 12-24/4 G DX
    AFS 28-70/2.8 D
    AFS VR 70-200/2.8 G IF
    AFS TC 14E II
    Canon 500 D
    Rodenstock TV-Heligon 42/0.75
    Rodenstock XR-Heligon 75/1.1
    De Oude Delft Rayxar 50/0.75
    Zeiss Luminar 40/4.5
    Leitz Photar 25/2.5
    Leitz Photar 12.5/2.4
    Leitz Macro-Elmarit 60/2.8
    Leitz Macro-Elmarit 100/4
    EL-Nikkor 75/4

so, I'm quite buffered against lens lust and the lenses I really crave are out of my (financial) reach (like the 200/2 VR).

8. Harry, you are a hoot and a fantastic photographer, but the right glass really helps!

Can hardly wait to see the results from your new purchases.
    :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

9. oh you got it real bad my friend.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.