I'm a little bashful about these New York photos

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Maestrodawg1, Apr 8, 2007.

1. I hardly seem to post pictures because I have seen so many fantastic photos around here and other places on the net. Last year around this time I went to New York City. Unlike this year the weather was fantastic and I had an enjoyable trip. These pictures were some of the first I took with my D200. I think they turned out all right. I hope you enjoy them. C&C appreciated as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2007
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They look fine
    Bit to small
    First one is way to small
    Good shooting

3. Hmm I'll fix that.

4. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    I like the 3rd and last photo (of spiderman), although the photo with the NYPD could have been better with the shutter staying open a little bit longer. I think would have gave the sensation of movement of the people while the couple in picture were embracing and kissing. Just my thoughts.

5. Thanks for taking the time to share these. I especially like 2,3, and 4 as they have some "feeling" to them i can't explain, but something about the colours and "presence".

6. Thanks all. I appreciate the comments. I've been to New York/Manhattan twice, once in the early 80's and then last year. I found my second trip to be much more satisfying. Manhattan is so much more vibrant than it used to be. I think 2, 3 and 4 out of all my shots (400+) captured not only what I saw but what I felt. In the Police Department photo, I know the girls to the left and that's why I took the picture. I hadn't even noticied the couple embrassing until I got home and downloaded the pictures. It does make the photo for me though.

The first picture is hard to show on the internet because it really is supposed to be seen in an oversized 20x30 print or so.

7. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Nothing to be bashful about. These are very nicely done :)

Regards

RFC