I'm a little fish in a big pond around here...

But I'm gonna post it anyway, I'm just that excited. I finally got feathers when I figured out how close I really have to get with my 55-200.

5575536109_8d9398772e.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
[/url]DSC_1450 copy by digcicter, on Flickr[/IMG]

So thankyou DH, for building a deer blind that no one ever used that I have taken over as my tree house :) Up until now I've thought of it as a horrible eye sore but now......WINNING :)

5576124080_8a0f548bd6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
[/url]DSC_1556 by digcicter, on Flickr[/IMG]

Irma, no one's bigger or smaller than anyone else. Great job getting close. That is half the battle. Watch your whites. They're a little hot along the cheek. You can use the EV compensation button to avoid that. You've got a cool looking blind there. Puts you right in the tree tops. Hang some feeders and make some water available and you will be in business!

Thanks guys...OK, I'm a regular fish but my lens is a minnow, hahah.
I did have the exposure compensation at -3, but only because I was experimenting with it, I see now that it should have been down further.
I love the tree house. I walk down there every night after work now, the sweet chickadees are stalking me before I get to the top of the ladder. I put seeds on the railing, pull a chair into the doorway and just watch them. Better than yoga.
Yur welcome to come join me if yur in the neighborhood.

Very nice shot of the little guy and great feathers!

I must say though, that is no deer blind, a deer would have to be blind not to see it! That's an abandoned man-cave.:biggrin:

Very nice shot of the little guy and great feathers!

I must say though, that is no deer blind, a deer would have to be blind not to see it! That's an abandoned man-cave.:biggrin:

LOL!!! You got that right, I think all the rukus of construction scared them away for good, and its way to small for poker night.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom