1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I'm back in business...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Terri French, Aug 31, 2008.

1. My D200 hasn't come back from the shop, but thanks to Jack Stewart, my D300 is here!!

My 2nd daughter has her first baby due on Sept. 10. They just finished building a new home and were moving in yesterday. Of course, the first room to be set up is the nursery and the D300 had to get some shots. When the room is all put together, I'll be sure and get a shot of the entire thing. My daughter is so good at decorating and this nursery is going to be adorable!!

I just finished making this quilt for him. Had to get a photo of it before she put it away with all the blankets.

original.

This crib is incredible...

View attachment 245712

My daughter loves shoes. I don't think this little baby will have enough...:eek: 

View attachment 245713

Now I just need to learn all the bells and whistles of the camera before he is born.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    That quilt is lovely...but that collection of baby shoes is IMPRESSIVE!!!

I'm so glad to hear you've got your D300! I look forward to seeing what amazing things you do with it. (ps...you need to add it to your sig line :wink: )

3. Glad you got your D200 back safe and sound Terri. Course with your new D300 you may find less and less use for it. Lovely blankets for sure. My daughter has that same baby bed and I put it together for her a few month ago. That won't wear out anytime soon. Wow, what a collection of shoes and the little tyke isn't even born yet.

4. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Terri, your quilting skills rival those of your photography. I look forward to seeing what that D300 can do in your hands.:smile:

5. great thread, terri
    hooray to jack for getting you that D300...
    i'm afraid you might like it TOO MUCH... :tongue:

love the quilt
    but.....
    those shoes...
    i love shoes, too
    that is my favorite picture

but.....
    that crib IS GORGEOUS

6. Cool stuff that! You need to add the 300 to your signature line!!!!

7. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    these came out great, that crib looks exxxxxxxxxxxxxpensive

8. Thanks, Leigh. We are getting excited for him to be here. I think I need to get rid of my sig line. I'm getting too much stuff. I better start selling some of it.

9. My D200 isn't back yet. But will hopefully be here soon. Not sure if I will use it much, though. I sure can see the lcd screen of the D300 better. That is the main thing I think I will enjoy about it.

Isn't the bed beautiful..... How does your daughter like it.

10. I don't quilt like I used to. I would rather take photos now. The only time I get out the sewing machine is when a new little one is coming.

11. I think the D300 will be a keeper. Of course, I love my D200, too. Hope I get it back from repair soon.

Interesting how many people love shoes..... The poor little baby probably won't even keep them on his feet!!!

12. Maybe I just need to get rid of the signature line. I'm getting way too much gear. I doubt I will be able to put it all to good use.

13. I don't know how much it cost, but bet it wasn't cheap. Can't wait to get a photo of the entire room. It will be so cute when it is finished.

14. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

congrats Terry ..gosh these images are clean at these iso's ..something i struggle with on the d200 ....nice shots!

;-)

15. I've only taken a few shots with the camera, but all indoors with higher ISOs. I'm impressed with the difference between the D200 and the D300 for ISO capability. I can't afford to go FX, so I am happy with this level of improvement. But, I wouldn't have upgraded if my D200 hadn't developed problems right when were were expecting a grandchild to be born. As it has turned out, she hasn't had the baby yet and my D200 is on its way back to me. I probably should have just waited. I have loved the D200. The D300 is better--but worth the extra cost, not sure yet...... The one thing that is great for me is the way the information from the top control panel can be displayed on the lcd screen. I need reading glasses now and couldn't always see the top display very well on my D200. Now that is a real improvement that is good for me.

16. Very nice Terri, you have me looking at the 300 now.

17. Beautiful quilts, Terri. You're gonna love that D300. I'm assuming those shots were with made with your 17-55. My experience is that it's a great combo. I think the upgrade IS worth it. Enjoy, and thanks for posting these.

18. mackenzie, at 14, has become a real shoe hog, as well
    there are worse things for a teenager to covet, i suppose

19. spoot

spoot

Aug 29, 2007
    Vancouver
    Wow, that crib IS incredible! Congrats to you and your daughter.

20. Really?? Just from these photos. Give me a few days. When I get back my repaired D200, I can try some comparison shots for you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.