I'm back to Nikon! My D5100 has arrived!

My new D5100 just arrived on my doorstep, shipped overnight from Amazon. I was torn between the D5100 and the D7000, but at the moment I would rather put the extra money saved into better glass. I probably wouldn't use 95% of the extra features of the D7000, the only thing i'll really miss is commander mode and a larger/brighter viewfinder.

I used to own a D70 and D80, but sold both after being out of work for awhile. They always felt a little big for my tastes, so i'm hoping the D5100 fits my needs better.

Its nice to be back with Nikon after a 2-3 year hiatus. Still waiting for the battery to finish charging, but im excited :)

D

dave1812

I'm jealous. I'm currently using a 3100 that will go back for refund as soon as I get the 5100. I'm waiting impatiently for Costco to get it so that I'll get a great deal like I did on the 3100. I'd be leaving a lot of money in a retailers hands if I buy elsewhere.

Congratulations!
D5100 seems to be a nice little camera. I had a chance to play around with one two weeks ago. I attended a Nikon school seminar & the Nikon rep had one for demonstrations. I was able to put a variety of lenses on it, take some shots to a memory card. Although some may think it is kind of cheesy I really liked the special effects mode that produces a color sketch of the image you take (there are other modes). It seemed like a nice light weight carry all over camera. You can see some of those features here.

It seems neat, but after having the d5000 I don't think I would buy another body without a built in motor...

Other than the 50mm 1.8, i never used to run into any issues with the other lenses I wanted not having a built in motor. If the 50mm 1.8 is replaced next week as expected, that won't be an issue any longer either.

I'm jealous. I'm currently using a 3100 that will go back for refund as soon as I get the 5100. I'm waiting impatiently for Costco to get it so that I'll get a great deal like I did on the 3100. I'd be leaving a lot of money in a retailers hands if I buy elsewhere.

You only have 90 days to return electronics and cameras, correct?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom