I'm Blown Away!!! Please Read This!!!

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by eng45ine, Sep 24, 2008.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I have been a member of the Nikon Cafe since May, 2005 and I came here to learn as much as I could about digital photography, but I have received so much more. About one year after I registered, I asked Patrick and the other administrators to consider the idea to create a dedicated sports action photography forum and I was met with fine support, so the Sports Forum was established and it did not take long for our sports shooting membership to take full advantage of the new digs. Since the inception of the forum, I (and you as well) have noticed a huge number of members offering their images and their knowledge as well as those who come to ask questions and share experiences. I am so appreciative of all of you who share your knowledge so we all can be successful in our passion as well, I have always professed that we all learn from one another.

Another fine benefit of this forum, we share a solid friendship which extends far beyond photography. I have had the privilege of meeting up with many members of the Nikon Cafe and have spoken on the telephone with many as well. I cherish my friendships and appreciate all that you bring here each and every day. The Nikon Cafe is much much more than I ever could have hoped for......I am totally blown away by all of you!!! Thanks for everything.

2. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

we have come a long way here on the cafe and i 100% agree with you frank ...each day I learn something new from every post i read... This is a fantastic place:866:

3. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

The things I have learned here (for free) from other members would cost me hundreds of dollars in classes and seminar fees (hint: support the forum with a donation, it's totally worth it!).

Thanks to all who actively participate and share knowledge here! And thanks Frank, for starting the Sports section!

4. Heck yeah, the Cafe rocks! Especially the Sports Photography forum:wink:

5. You should be well pleased with this forum's progress, your dedication as Moderator, teacher and contributor have benefited us all. I have learned so much here and improved as a sports photographer exponentially because of your efforts. You deserve all of our thanks and appreciation.

6. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Absolutely Frank. When I look back to when I first started in January and to now the level of imagery from all has improved out of sight - NO DOUBT in my mind due to the support from our peer group. You just could not improve so quickly any other way.

But, you have cost me $1000's too you rotters.

7. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Thanks for starting it frank, Not only a great source of feedback/education, but lot's of traffic, and nice friendly folks.

(Old Bud commercial): I Love u man!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYNNH8WX9Eo

8. Now, I didn't know you were the 'founder', many thanks Frank...I too have learned a tremendous amount and continue to do so every day. And Glenn, you're right, it's time to send another donation the Cafe's way...

9. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Frank first a big thanks to you for all you do, your a great mentor and role model as well as a Sports Photographer
    This place is great due to the help that is given when asked and the vast knowledge of the members,- seldom do I see rude or classless behavior here- I can not say that for other forums
    This place is special and the Sports forum ROCKS!!!!!

10. Hey Frank,

You have to know that I "lurked" here before joining, and started to contribute very soon thereafter since I liked what I saw immediately. This is a very nice place to hang, and since you got it started you have earned all the kudos, seriously!! :Love: :Love: :biggrin: :biggrin:

11. Thanks, Frank. I, too did not know you started this forum. I remember hearing about Nikon Cafe, and being blown away by all the forums, but as soon as I saw there was a sports forum, I knew I had found a new home. I too really appreciate all the help I have found here. Before going to spring training last March, I ended up printing off several posts here so that I could get decent action shots. I had never even realized that the shutter speed could up into the thousands. My action shots have improved amazingly just as a result of that knowlege. Thank you everyone.

12. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Well said!! The knowledge gained and relationships built are priceless!

Thank you for your many hours spent moderating, and for founding this site, Frank!!

Long live the Nikon Cafe!! :599: :599:

13. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Abosolutely one of the best sports forums..anywhere on the web. The sheer talent represented here blows me away.
    I've learned so much here.
    Thanks for starting this forum.

14. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Kudos to Frank and the folks who started this entire forum. . As far as I'm concerned it's the best forum on the net. Period. Or if it was a Fox Network show. . ."The Best Damned Sports Forum". Hope I don't get in trouble for that. ( not my intent)

15. This is THE best sports forum I've come across ... bar none. Yes, there are a couple of other good ones, but the reason why I signed up here is the sense of collegiality ... heck, even family. People are genuinely interested in sharing their work and helping others develop & hone their skills.

I'm not as talented as many you, but I've learned so much ... and I'm getting better.

Thanks to all ...

Brent

16. Well done Frank

17. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Thanks Frank, I didn't realize you started this forum. I also lurked for a long time admiring all the amazing posts and was intimidated to post anything of my own. I now realize there was no reason to be intimidated. Everyone here is very supportive and willing to take their time to help each other. I know I have seen a tremendous improvement in my shots but also realize I have a great deal more to learn from this forum.

Thanks

18. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    +1

19. Frank, your statements are so true. I have learned so much here at the Cafe. My PP skills have improved so much, that sometimes I can't believe what I see after I edit a shot. Whereas I don't take "normal" people sports shots, my dog agility shots are accepted here and I appreciate all the comments I receive. I believe that these comments help me improve my skills. I also like the fact that people share their "secrets" with others so freely. There are many who will spend the time and respond to a post with constructive criticism. This helps us all.

I have met quite a few Cafe members and have to say they are all GREAT folks! Even though I have not been here since the beginning, I have watched the Cafe change (for the better) and grow into the great information resource it is today.

20. Thank you Frank for establishing a great forum. From you and others here I was encouraged gently to become much more professional in my shooting, and it is with satisfaction and confidence that I can now hold my own shooting sports. Like you, I have made friends here and feel elevated by the friendship. Thanks again.