I'm bored and want spend money. .

That's a bad combination for sure. . . Already thinking about winter indoor sports and am close to buying some Alien Bee's and triggers. .. My theory is if I buy them slowly it will hurt less. :biggrin:

Anyone have any thoughts on the new Alien Bee CybrSync triggers ? I would love to have some Pocket Wizards but if I could get these for 1/3 the cost and they work, does't that make sense ?

Here's the link

http://www.alienbees.com/cybersync.html

hmmmmm
you are bored and want to spend money

have i told you lately, that I LOVE YOU..... :Love::Love::Love::Love:
oh..... and that i want a 400/2.8? :tongue::smile::biggrin:

That's a bad combination for sure. . . Already thinking about winter indoor sports and am close to buying some Alien Bee's and triggers. .. My theory is if I buy them slowly it will hurt less. :biggrin:

Anyone have any thoughts on the new Alien Bee CybrSync triggers ? I would love to have some Pocket Wizards but if I could get these for 1/3 the cost and they work, does't that make sense ?

Here's the link

http://www.alienbees.com/cybersync.html
Maybe, but there is not much experience with them yet. Having said that, AB stuff generally works as advertised.

Maybe, but there is not much experience with them yet. Having said that, AB stuff generally works as advertised.
Thanks John. . I have really heard nothing but good things about AB products. That's why I am thinking about trying them along with a couple AB800's

I sold my pocket wizard for these, and so far..... love them!

Transmitter is sooooo much smaller than PW.

Mine will do 1/250 shutter speeds with the D3.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yep Tim -- that's them alright. I think I am going to order some this week. The price is just waaay too good not to try them. That way I can spend the money on lights instead.

What's your experience with the range on those critters.

Yep Tim -- that's them alright. I think I am going to order some this week. The price is just waaay too good not to try them. That way I can spend the money on lights instead.

What's your experience with the range on those critters.
Check this thread out. I'm going to get a set myself. I'm reading nothing but good things about these units.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/662406

Real Name
David
Interesting. One of my older P/W's seems to have failed and I was not looking forward to the thought of replacing it. I could sell the 2 others (one new almost new) and still have some leftover from a set of these.

I have a set also. 1 Trans & 1 Recv. Seems to work really well.

I traded in my older RF set for these, They gave me full purchase price trade-in.

Too Cool!!!

But Tim, Why do ya have 3 recv? You really only need one, as the others
heads should trip via the built-in slaves.

Or are doing some magic or something else????

I ordered a couple of these and will try them out for general studio shots but I really want them to fire strobes in a gym setting for basketball / wrestling etc. . .

We'll see. Still a cheaper way to try than PW's. . .Although PW's are an outstanding product for sure.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom