1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I'm brand new and he will be landing real soon.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by omarma, Aug 30, 2008.

1. I just got my first real camera...D40. Of course I have been shooting auto to start, but my husband took off in his powered parachut a bit ago, and so I would love to get the best shots I can as he comes back to land. Can anyone help me with settings? Its a bright sunny afternoon (5:30pm) in MI and his craft is neon green.

2. PDuany

PDuany

Aug 10, 2005
    NH
    The beauty of digital is it is only bits, there is no cost to failed attempts at photos. I would stick the camera in auto and just fire away. My guess is this is not going to be the only time your husband goes up. Take a few pictures come back post them and we can discuss how and why they came out the way they did. Then with a little warning you can be better prepared the second time.

have fun

3. If the sky is bright around him, you're going to need to dial in a bit of + exposure compensation, or else he will be underexposed. If there are trees in the background, normal exposure should be ok. If all else fails... bracket.

4. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Hiya! You're right here by me! :biggrin:

5. hi lisa

Nice to meet you. What a gorgeous day in Lansing for taking pictures, and a long weekend at that!! I see you have a D40 also. I hope I can learn and catch up on this board :) 
    I'm on the north side almost into Clinton County.

6. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Unfortunately, I spent all of yesterday painting. Should be done today, so hopefully I can get out and about. :) 

I'm on the south end, near Cedar and Cavanaugh.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.