I'm DOOMED

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Gale, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    He saw me today.. I am now in hiding.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Gale, I think he's looking for someone with a little more meat on their bones.... :lol: :p

Frank

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lololol Flew.... These guys ain't picky. A little is better than nothin.

See ya soon.

PS I can't carry any more meat on my bones. won't be able to carry me and that VR VR VR :>)))

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gale,

Don't make me have to call the riot police on you again....LOLOLOLOLOL

:twisted:

Frank

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lololol

6. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Gale,

We bought a little piece of property a few months ago and last weekend went out to check on it.........and there were eight huge vultures sitting on the roof...

We almost went home for my camera but glad we didn't. I'll let you do all the vulture posting... Hope it's not a bad omen...they say the real estate business is slowing down but not DEAD as the vultures must have thought.

Like your shot of the "V".

Gaye

7. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    these black birds are all the same to me. very difficult to get good detail. Just don't let him follow you home.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gaye,

These guys are hanging all about in florida :>))))))

Wonder where they got MY name. lolol.

And they are @#%$^)(**&% hard to shoot with a bright blue sky and light. Haven't figured this out quite yet. but getting there I hope.

Black against bright blue. You got any hints.

They are so beautiful when they fly. They have the white wings. I am so confused..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guess you are off to MI here real soon.

Wishing you a great safe trip and wonderful summer. Be sure to post shots from there.

Hey Gaye, they really are pussy cats, I see crows chasing them away. Missed that shot today. grrrr

9. LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Cool Shot!!!

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Greg,

These guys are buggers to shoot and I really don't have a clue.
    I have shot dozens.

Can't bring out the detail.

Know of a magic formula. All help appreciated.

Before Flew calls the Riot police on me !!!!

Help

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thanks Dawg,

Best one yet actually. I had my VR VR VR turned off. What a sin.

Hand held.. EEEkkkkkk

Did you see how he was looking at me. Oh dear i am in deep trouble :>)))))))))

12. Gale, all you have to do is to keep moving and not smell too bad :lol: :lol: :lol:

No problem at all....... :wink:

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Bill thats no flippin help.

How do you shoot theses guys.

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OMG

I have been politically incorrect.

lolololololol

15. oh he's real pretty!!! *LOL* And he's got his beady eye right on you, girl!! *LOL*

16. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Oh yes Sandi,

I sure noticed how he glared at me for sure. He took my number and then flew off.

That may be a good thing. He may have thought that bird is tooooo old.

17. Well, I imagine that some might say a 12 gauge shotgun would be good.... :wink:, but then since I am ALWAYS politically correct I would never say such a thing....it would much more fun and intersting to use a handgun.......

Or, just take a dead friend along, I'm sure that would get them going for you :wink: :wink: , by the way they shoudl be dead BEFORE you take them........

Lastly, I would say, shoot them just the way you did. And as with all of these darned flying things, patience (of which I have zero) is an incredible virtue. As you know, they will do the thing you want as soon as you pack up and start to leave.....

On a more serious note, I had a fellow tell me one time that using blinds is a great way to photograph birds. Find, for example, a nesting site and set up a blind nearby. This will most likely scare the birds away. Then what you do is to have 2 people go into the blind, the birds will be watching. One person leaves, the birds can't count, so they figure no one is around and they come back. I've been too lazy to try this myself....

18. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Gale

Immigration is a serious option now,we have a spaare room,you could walk with your girlfriend!!!!

Never ever turn of that VR :D :D :D

19. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Bill and Hans,

Thanks for a humorous thread..

This was meant for fun for sure.

You guys are to funny.

20. Well, I'm not quite sure how to take this, as I am always very serious. So, putting on my "correct American English" hat on for a moment, that should be "Too" funny, you know, with 2 of those "O's" to put in the word too.....my daughter the teacher would be proud..........

You are welcome for giving us a public place to act like the fools we are, or at least that I am....... :wink: ( I may as well laugh at myself, that way I'm in good company with everyone else who does. Wait, they laught because of :?: :?: :?: :?: hmmm..... )