I'm hit !!!

The hazards of Corporate golf. The ball hit me on my right shoulder. I saw it coming but it still smarted.

hit1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

hit2.jpg

hit3.jpg

hit4.jpg

I'm fine if you were worried :smile:

Holy smokes Darren, you were quite lucky to dodge that bullet. The possibility for personal injury and/or gear damage was certain a true potential. I'm glad your injury was minimal.

Good thing he shanked it!

My dad came home once with a golf-ball bruise he received from somebody who REALLY wanted to play through. The bruise had dimples in it!

Glad you and the camera are OK!

T

topher04r1

oh man .... thats brutal ... glad your doin ok ... personally i think a bruise may be a bit better than a broken 300 or 400 mm lens ...

Perhaps it was the sound of 8 frames per second during his swing that distracted him.:biggrin:

Glad you weren't hurt.

Reminds me of the time I first set foot in a booth at a driving range. I set up my swing, glare down the green, and begin my backswing.
I come back with the force and determination of putting that little dimpled ball into the next county.
Too bad I have the swing of a baseball bat.
The ball cut hard to the right off the club, ricocheted off the green side wall of my booth, and planted itself firmly into my forehead above my right eye. Somehow, I had seen the ball coming from the second I hit it. Strange how time slows when you have bodily harm coming your way.

Well, anyway, I saw stars and stumbled back a few feet before solidly falling straight onto my rear. The imprint of the ball stayed for 15 minutes. Ouch.

Glad you're okay, Kiwi. Could have been a lot worse. I give you a lot of credit just keeping that ball in the shot.

Yes, I'm fine. As the ball hit the deck it was going quite slowly by the time it hit me, 6 inches to the left maybe the 70-200. A small bruise today is all and a big story.

Another reason for insurance.

And, D300 is going back, didn't AF on the ball. Or, maybe that's becuse I was using single-point ? Lol

A true photographer who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the shot :biggrin:.

Talk about having a case of the shanks. I don't there should be a gallery anywhere near this guy when he tees it up.

Glad you and your gear are ok. Great shots of a terrible swing. Just reading the replies actually made me LOL and thats saying alot right now. Jason's reply was the kicker . To damn funny man.:biggrin:

I'm very dissapointed that you did'nt keep the ball in focus. . . .:wink::biggrin:

Glad to hear your OK . . . apart from the bruise. .

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom