I'm hit !!!

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by kiwi, Aug 20, 2008.

1. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    The hazards of Corporate golf. The ball hit me on my right shoulder. I saw it coming but it still smarted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm fine if you were worried :smile:

2. jStat

jStat

Dec 11, 2007
    Janesville, WI
    But is the camera okay!?

j/k

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Holy smokes Darren, you were quite lucky to dodge that bullet. The possibility for personal injury and/or gear damage was certain a true potential. I'm glad your injury was minimal.

4. whew! I bet it looked a lot bigger in the viewfinder :biggrin: glad all's well.

5. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Good thing he shanked it!

My dad came home once with a golf-ball bruise he received from somebody who REALLY wanted to play through. The bruise had dimples in it!

Glad you and the camera are OK!

6. I like how the golfer is still looking straight wondering where his ball is! :biggrin:

7. asterix

asterix

Jun 19, 2007
    UK
    Good sequence of captures, I would of been gone after the 1st frame, lol.

8. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

oh man .... thats brutal ... glad your doin ok ... personally i think a bruise may be a bit better than a broken 300 or 400 mm lens ...

9. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    oh...haha! that's terrific.

10. Muonic

Muonic

Jun 14, 2006
    Perhaps it was the sound of 8 frames per second during his swing that distracted him.:biggrin:

Glad you weren't hurt.

11. I'm very dissapointed that you did'nt keep the ball in focus. . . .:wink::biggrin:

Glad to hear your OK . . . apart from the bruise. .

12. jStat

jStat

Dec 11, 2007
    Janesville, WI
    Reminds me of the time I first set foot in a booth at a driving range. I set up my swing, glare down the green, and begin my backswing.
    I come back with the force and determination of putting that little dimpled ball into the next county.
    Too bad I have the swing of a baseball bat.
    The ball cut hard to the right off the club, ricocheted off the green side wall of my booth, and planted itself firmly into my forehead above my right eye. Somehow, I had seen the ball coming from the second I hit it. Strange how time slows when you have bodily harm coming your way.

Well, anyway, I saw stars and stumbled back a few feet before solidly falling straight onto my rear. The imprint of the ball stayed for 15 minutes. Ouch.

Glad you're okay, Kiwi. Could have been a lot worse. I give you a lot of credit just keeping that ball in the shot.

13. Way to stick with it and keep shooting!

14. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Wow great shots...hope you are ok tho...

15. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Yes, I'm fine. As the ball hit the deck it was going quite slowly by the time it hit me, 6 inches to the left maybe the 70-200. A small bruise today is all and a big story.

Another reason for insurance.

And, D300 is going back, didn't AF on the ball. Or, maybe that's becuse I was using single-point ? Lol

16. ofd678

ofd678

Aug 12, 2007
    Glenwood
    swing

I think the bigger issue is this guys horrible swing! Nice shot.

17. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    thanks. It's a bit of a shocker isn't it.

18. jamesd3rd

jamesd3rd

May 4, 2007
    So. Cal
    A true photographer who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the shot :biggrin:.

Talk about having a case of the shanks. I don't there should be a gallery anywhere near this guy when he tees it up.

19. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Thanks James, somehow, I dont think he'll ever have much of a gallery. REALLY nice guy though

20. MFowler

MFowler

Apr 18, 2008
    Texas
    Glad you and your gear are ok. Great shots of a terrible swing. Just reading the replies actually made me LOL and thats saying alot right now. Jason's reply was the kicker . To damn funny man.:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.