I'm impressed!

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Jeff Mims, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    The quality of sports images is second to none! There are some folks here with some real talent.
    Of course we read about the latest, greatest cameras out there...10 MPs plus (Mark III..and so forth).
    I'm wondering if that is necessary.
    Frank (Eng45ine) uses D2Hs (4MPs), and his images are just superb!!! I haven't produced anything even close to as good as his, and I'm using 8MPs. So..I'm convinced..it's the talent behind the camera!
    Of course there are several others, I don't want to list them all, because I'm too tired to type that much, and I don't want to accidently omit someone.
    You folks have really raised the bar. I will keep working to get my work to the quality I see here. I might not get that good, but I'm sure I'll be able to get some good images, if I keep aiming so high.
    Can't remember the exact wording, but a couple of quotes I read.
    Shoot for the moon, because you'll at least hit a star if you miss
    and
    I'd rather shoot for the stars and miss than aim for the gutter and hit it.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks so much Jeff, your comments are very kind. I have improved because of the sharing that we all enjoy in the forum. We have some very outstanding shooters here and that is why we are seeing a steady stream of excellant sports action photography here. There is an aweful lot of information being shared here....exposure settings, lens choices, where to shoot from, etc. Without the unselfish sharing of images and information, our growth might not nearly be as great. If there is one downside, we all live a distance from one another, how great it would be to all get together and do some shooting.

I have PM'd or spoken on the telephone with many of the regulars who have greatly impacted my sports action photography. Without their willingness to help, my photography would be ordinary at best. I cherish my relationship with all of you and hope that we attract more members to become regulars to this forum. It is wonderful to admit that we all learn from one another.

3. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I am not saying I've got sports shooting..."down pat", but I'm a lot farther along than I would be, without the help I've recieved from just this forum alone. I really appreciate everyone who has taken time to give me advice and tips...it has been so helpful to me.

4. I started shooting sports almost a year to the day and credit almost all of my progress to the contributors of this board. When I look back I can see the mistakes that have been since corrected either directly or indirectly from the members. This board is a great resource, stay tuned.