I'm no website builder....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug Barber, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Greetings all:

I'm not website builder so don't expect anything that you would see from a pro...

I just up loaded the (new) Two Ways of knowing site and need folks to be my (beta) testers.

Because it was built on a Apple.... I don't even know if it will run right on a PC based machine.

So if you want to take a couple minutes and review both the site and the content, I would be grateful.

http://two-ways-of-knowing.ca/index.php

Thanks

2. caraman

caraman

May 23, 2007
    Dumfries, VA
    Took a quick look and it seems to be just fine. The links worked and graphics ere visible. Didn't check everything, but it seemed to be OK. I'm on a PC with a very robust firewall.

3. ffemt128

ffemt128 Guest

I checked it out. Looks good. I don't know if it my losuy monitor at work or the version of explorer here at work but the text in the header block seemed very faint, almost hard to make out. Everything I checked seem to work fine and the pages loaded quickly for me.

4. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    A quick look, looked good on a PC with Firefox, links worked, etc.

5. Hey my man, nice to hear from you. I have spent some time going completely through your website and it works great on my PC. I found the overall design to very functional and lo key professional looking. Loved your galleries and sound slides and watched with interest as you tested out your kite camera for the first time. Obviously it worked and you now have that in your bag of tricks. Also the underwater housing that you told me about looks good as well. Were it me I would send someone else to take the underwater pictures, your too old to messing around witt that. :biggrin: All the links worked and the writeups that have been done are good. I read your bio and said WHO IS THAT GUY? OK so you are a professional. :rolleyes:

You have a good start on some very interesting pictures and I will anxiously await your next installment. Good job my friend.

6. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Doug,

No problems on my end, (mac based and Pc too) been through it all.

Clean, pro, all the way, a nice site, so relax, I think the site is good to go!

by the way sent an email through the site to check that for you too.

Wade

7. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wow, great site. I never could have put something like that together. Well done!

8. Ghunger

Ghunger

Apr 2, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Looked good to me as well. I would echo the comment about the header though. The white letters on that background make it harder to see on my monitor at least. A bit more contrast might help things a bit. It's not a serious issue though.

9. Thanks everyone....

I will look into a different title color to see if we can make that a little better.

thanks again

10. VERY well done Doug :smile: Great music in the intro.....who ???

11. cuttooth

cuttooth Guest

worked for me on a pc as well. the navigation at the bottom might get missed by some people and the like to the sponsors didn't work (maybe it is yet to come).

12. Hi Doug,

Good work, Slide show loaded quickly and photos looked good.

Three suggestions
    1. The slides move a little too slow in "Schools on Board". I like the speed of the "Up Up and Away" better.

2. In the "Endowment" section there is a simple typo. It reads:
    The proceeds from ....... photo book will placed in an endowment fund. Add will be placed

3. Under lenses it should read TC-17E-II insteaad of C-17E-11

Besides that I think you did a great job.

13. Thanks for this Greg:

I will make the changed ASAP.

Ar you going to be around later....
    I need to talk to you about a couple things...
    If you are PM me your phone number

Cheers

14. Hi Doug,

I am on a PowerBook so I think I am seeing what you are. It looks very good - lots easier to read the typefaces than the earlier version you had me look at a month or so ago.

My only comment is that the Next and Previous buttons in the slideshow part of the Image Gallery seemed hard to find, that is, a little slow to pop up on my screen. The "Move mouse over larger image to move forward or back" seems a little too vague, you have to mouse over just the correct area to get the buttons to pop up. Would it be easier for the Next and Previous buttons to be normally visible outside of the picture frame, or is that too cluttered?

The site took a lot of hard work and it shows!
    Bob

15. Thanks Bob:

Changes made... and I'll change the slide length the next time I'm doing a slideshow.

Thanks again