I'm off to the races!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve S, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Got my 70-200VR + TC 17 + monopod all ready to go, along with a spare battery, 4 Gigs of CF, an S400 P&S camera, so we're off to the Mac Tools NHRA U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis. It's reported to be the mother of all drag races, and the one that crowns the 2005 NHRA champions. I just looked it up, and did you know that the current Top Fuel dragster makes 8000!!! HP? :eek: OMG, is that ever gonna make the ground shake!!! Sure glad I got a VR lens! :tongue: wonder if I should put it in Active mode? :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2005
  2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

You sure that 4 gigs of memory is enough? :biggrin:
    Don't forget to photograph the women.. Oh the women there will be incredible!

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Changed my mind Dave, I'm taking 6 Gigs, in case one fails or something :tongue: And the women, yes the women, well, let's just say, I just hope I leave some room on the cards for the drag cars! :biggrin:

4. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Looking forward to a full report Steve.

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thats more like it... :cool:

6. Sounds like a blast Steve, hope you have lots of fun.

7. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Steve did you get any pictures of Pedregon's car when it all went wrong at the staging area?

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Sure did, in fact I saw it happen live. Just happened to be looking in t6hat direction when it happened. No big deal really. So, how did you hear about it?

9. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

So Steve, when are we going to see some pictures of the pretty women? Heck man you have been home for a while haven't you? :biggrin:
    Maybe a car picture or 2 would be nice too

10. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I'm an Indiana boy Steve, there are three things I keep up on. :biggrin:
    1. ND Football
    2. IU Basketball
    3. Auto Racing