I'm off to the races!

Got my 70-200VR + TC 17 + monopod all ready to go, along with a spare battery, 4 Gigs of CF, an S400 P&S camera, so we're off to the Mac Tools NHRA U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis. It's reported to be the mother of all drag races, and the one that crowns the 2005 NHRA champions. I just looked it up, and did you know that the current Top Fuel dragster makes 8000!!! HP? :eek: OMG, is that ever gonna make the ground shake!!! Sure glad I got a VR lens! :tongue: wonder if I should put it in Active mode? :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dbirdsong

Steve S said:
Got my 70-200VR + TC 17 + monopod all ready to go, along with a spare battery, 4 Gigs of CF, an S400 P&S camera, so we're off to the Mac Tools NHRA U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis. It's reported to be the mother of all drag races, and the one that crowns the 2005 NHRA champions. I just looked it up, and did you know that the current Top Fuel dragster makes 8000!!! HP? :eek: OMG, is that ever gonna make the ground shake!!! Sure glad I got a VR lens! :tongue: wonder if I should put it in Active mode? :wink:

You sure that 4 gigs of memory is enough? :biggrin:
Don't forget to photograph the women.. Oh the women there will be incredible!

dbirdsong said:
You sure that 4 gigs of memory is enough? :biggrin:
Don't forget to photograph the women.. Oh the women there will be incredible!
Changed my mind Dave, I'm taking 6 Gigs, in case one fails or something :tongue: And the women, yes the women, well, let's just say, I just hope I leave some room on the cards for the drag cars! :biggrin:

D

dbirdsong

Steve S said:
Changed my mind Dave, I'm taking 6 Gigs, in case one fails or something :tongue: And the women, yes the women, well, let's just say, I just hope I leave some room on the cards for the drag cars! :biggrin:

Thats more like it... :cool:

F15Todd said:
Steve did you get any pictures of Pedregon's car when it all went wrong at the staging area?
Sure did, in fact I saw it happen live. Just happened to be looking in t6hat direction when it happened. No big deal really. So, how did you hear about it?

D

dbirdsong

Steve S said:
Sure did, in fact I saw it happen live. Just happened to be looking in t6hat direction when it happened. No big deal really. So, how did you hear about it?

So Steve, when are we going to see some pictures of the pretty women? Heck man you have been home for a while haven't you? :biggrin:
Maybe a car picture or 2 would be nice too

Steve S said:

I'm an Indiana boy Steve, there are three things I keep up on. :biggrin:
1. ND Football
2. IU Basketball
3. Auto Racing

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom