I'm old enough to know what an LP is, but...

I'm old enough to remember that records played at 33 1/3 RPM were called long-playing or long-play or LP recrods to make the distinction between them and the records played at 78 RPM that didn't play as long. However, that's not what this particular LP is. :D

There are 14 second growth grand cru red Bordeaux wines and this is the ninth one that I've acquired and photographed.

Mike 2021-05-03--0001-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mike 2021-05-03--0004-S.jpg

Setup for Photo #1
The fabric is artists' canvas. The lamp on the left lit the overall scene. The curved, white reflector made of presentation paper added the reflection to the neck and shoulder. The flashlight increased attention on the embossed "LP" by brightening the pertinent area of the reflector. The lamp on the right is not turned on and is being used only as a surface to hold the flashlight in place. Twenty focus-bracketed images at Nikon step size 3 were stacked in Helicon Focus at its default settings.
Mike 2021-05-03--0002-S.jpg

Setup for Photo #2
Apologies that I forgot to take a photo of the setup before I broke it down. The tabletop is a piece of red presentation paper. A small continuous-light lamp was on the right. Two white reflectors, a large one above the bottle and a small one to the right of it, added the reflections to the bottle's shoulder.

Last edited:
Very nice lighting as always Mike. But I keep turning my head to see the writings, the drawings and the LP symbol. So, may be an upright position for the bottle would be better.

Thank you to Rick and Binnur!

That's interesting. It doesn't bother me at all to view a photo of a wine bottle in this position. I've made lots of photos of bottles in this style and I don't remember anyone mentioning that.
This is the first time for me too Mike. This is the only image of yours that I keep my head turning while looking at. May be there is something wrong with me today:rolleyes:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom